Our people are at the very heart of what we do, they are the reason our clients work with us to solve some of their greatest challenges. At Frazer-Nash, we want all of our people to feel they belong, confident in the knowledge that we value and respect the commitment they have made by entrusting their careers and expertise to us.
Frazer-Nash is a leading systems, engineering and technology company. Our people make a difference to things that matter in the world. We excel at solving some of today's most complex challenges in engineering. Our experience of working in diverse industries enables us to transfer unique skills across different markets to benefit our clients.
We have an exciting opportunity for someone who has previous experience in the legal and commercial sector looking for a new challenge to join a team that covers all aspects of commercial contracts supporting various areas across the business.
This role is based in our Dorking office. It is a full time permanent position but we are open to discussing other options if applicable.
Please note that due to the current corona virus situation initially it would be on a working from home basis predominately.
We offer a competitive salary.
Key aspects of the role are as follows:
- Reviewing proposed contracts to assess whether risks to the business are mitigated and key business objectives are catered for, whilst weighing up wider commercial considerations, and compliance against group contracting policy.
- Administering non-disclosure agreements (NDAs), and carrying out reviews.
- Ensure compliance with company insurance for the business and liaise with our insurance brokers where necessary.
- Liaising with the Technical Axis of the business to ensure risks are understood and mitigated on a commercial level.
- Assisting with compiling and delivering commercial training to the Technical and Business Axes of the business to raise commercial awareness.
- Draft contract terms with our sub-contractors appropriate to the size and complexity of the head contract.
- Negotiating terms with customers and sub-contractors where appropriate to do so, including attending client meetings as and when required.
- Providing an advisory service to the business on agreed contract terms and general legal issues, their meaning and the negotiation of new contracts.
- A potential requirement to up skill at a future stage should our trade and export control team require assistance
- A good understanding of contract law
- Previous experience of working in the commercial contracts sector
- Excellent communication skills, with ability to communicate across a variety of levels
- Excellent organisation skills, and able to prioritise a number of key deadlines and manage well under pressure.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Degree level education (ideally a Law degree)
- The LPC qualification (albeit not essential depending upon the experience of the individual candidate).
We provide our people with an excellent benefits package that comprises:
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working
- Competitive salary
- 25 days' holiday entitlement
- Holiday sale and purchase scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Targeted professional development
- Life assurance
- Private healthcare membership
- Bonus scheme linked into company performance
- Paid membership fees to a professional institution
- Support in attaining professional membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Share purchase scheme
- Season rail ticket loan
We are committed to fostering a working culture that brings out the very best in our people, regardless of their circumstances, identity or background. We want our people to be themselves, feel empowered to achieve their personal and professional goals, and know that we respect the unique value they bring to the company. In support of this, we encourage thoughtful behaviours and work to foster a collaborative working environment.