Are you getting bored administering cloud infrastructure for a small team or company? Does the challenge of scaling to support dozens of the most relevant, cutting-edge cloud technologies for thousands of customers excite you?
If you crave variety and constantly push yourself to learn new things, if you welcome the challenge of maintaining live systems of massive scale, and if you look for teams as driven as you are to deliver the right solutions the first time, this is your opportunity to join a global cloud operations support organization unlike any other.
As Amazon's #1 centralized database partner, we stretch the boundaries of what's possible with today's cloud computing technologies, to provide services for a rapidly growing network of business customers worldwide.What You Will Be Doing
You will be part of a back-end systems support team for our growing portfolio of cloud-based software applications. You will own the resolution of various system change requests from internal stakeholders, as well as handling well-defined processes for maintaining SaaS business applications used by our customers (many of which have thousands of concurrent users). You will use infrastructure monitoring tools and respond to alerts to continuously improve the stability of our systems. Our workflow automation eliminates guesswork and simplifies your daily priorities, freeing you up to focus on solving systems issues.System Administrator Key Responsibilities
In this role, you will have hands-on responsibility for maintaining mission-critical infrastructure in a multi-billion dollar global software enterprise, supporting products used by Fortune 500 companies. Specifically, you will:
- Respond to infrastructure monitoring alerts, resolving incidents to ensure system uptime and expected service levels
- Fulfill internal stakeholder requests for defined services related to our diverse portfolio of software products
- Provide cloud operations support during your local regular business hours as part of a global SaaS operations team
Success in this role depends on understanding the cloud technologies we support and how they interact. We look for candidates who possess the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding preferred
- 1+ years of experience with Linux and Windows Server operating systems
- 1+ years of experience maintaining SaaS applications in one of the major platforms (Azure, GCP, AWS, IBM Cloud)
- English language proficiency (written and verbal)
Crossover has been a pioneer of the remote work model since our inception in 2010 - helping thousands of people find great work opportunities. We focus on full-time, long-term work - not short-term "gigs" or freelancing side jobs. Most of our positions are within a large and growing portfolio of software companies. Since we focus on remote work, our openings can be filled globally and pay standardized compensation rates, regardless of where you choose to live.
Join the thousands of professionals that have partnered with Crossover to explore new opportunities and find their dream job. Go to www.crossover.com/testimonials
to read their stories. Better yet, write your own story!
What to expect next:
- You will receive an email with a link to start your self-paced, online job application.
- Our hiring platform will guide you through a series of online "screening" assessments to check for basic job fit, job-related skills, and finally a few real-world job-specific assignments.
- You will be paired up with one of our recruiting specialists who can answer questions you might have about the process, role, or company, and help you get to the final interview step.
If you do not receive an email from us:
- First, emails may take up to 15 minutes to send, refresh and check again.
- Second, check your spam and junk folders for an email from Crossover.com, mark as "Not Spam" since you will receive other emails as well.
- Third, we will send to whatever email account you indicated on the Apply form - by default, that is the email address you use as your LinkedIn username and it might be different than the one you have already checked.
- If all else fails, just visit https://jobs.crossover.com directly, search for this job, and click "Apply". You will be prompted to reset your password if you already applied using LinkedIn EasyApply.
Crossover Job Code: LJ-825-GB-London-SystemAdminist.001