EMEA VAT Compliance Expert
MacDermid Performance Solutions is part of Element Solutions Inc., which is a results-oriented company focused on innovation and service. We prioritize our customers' success, which in turn drives opportunities for our employees and value for our shareholders. Our formula for value creation starts with our passion for innovation followed by an unrelenting focus on operational excellence. This formula, combined with our asset efficient business model, drives sustainable organic value creation and enables attractive, strategic investment opportunities.
We are currently seeking a VAT Compliance Expert. You will be based in either Woking UK, or Hungary (the choice is yours!)
Our Shared Service Centres are delivering accounting and finance specialized back-end services to certain European businesses including accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash application and accounting, assets, general ledger, financial reporting and SOX / governance controls.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the team as we expand and transform the VAT compliance structure. You will be involved in the current transition from the current local VAT compliance state to the centralised VAT compliance state fully operated by the VAT team.
As the EMEA VAT Compliance Expert, your main function will be to assist with all VAT Compliance activities of our EMEA companies. Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Monitoring the quality of the indirect tax data and reports of our EMEA companies
- Review and approve indirect tax returns
- Follow up on legislative changes and business changes in order to ensure that the systems and/or processes are updated
- Identify issues and opportunities to continuously improve the VAT compliance processes
- Supervise, coach and lead junior team members
- Proposing improvement possibilities to raise effectiveness and efficiency of the work processes
- Review monthly controls (including SOX) and work with the team to ensure that all controls and compliance requirements are fulfilled.
- Ensure the team is "audit ready always" and work closely with them and affiliates to facilitate both internal and external audits related to the VAT processes.
- Work with the team, the local controllers, other departments and our Tax department to help resolve any issues promptly and ensure that the relevant parties are informed and involved where appropriate
- In addition, you will get a chance to work on one or more strategic initiatives we define in terms of:
- Process: standardization, centralization, supply chain opportunities, etc.
- Technology: automation, data analytics, dashboarding, etc.
In order to apply for this role we would like you to have experience
of indirect tax transformation tranisition projects, including process improvement. You should have a dynamic, innovative & problem resolution focus with strong communication skills. You will have a University Degree in Accounting/Finance of similar discipline, or equivalent years of work experience with a specialization in taxes and auditing a plus. You should have a minimum of 3 years of relevant professional experience in EMEA VAT compliance, either in the industry or with other service providers as well as a good understanding of IT-systems and VAT reporting solutions. If you have experience of working within in a Shared Service Center or Audit Company this would be an advantage. Knowledge of SAP, JDE and HFM would also be idea, as well as fluency in other European languages.
We offer: A competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Also, we offer support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around the globe as well as opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career. You will have the freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you and you will have a challenging position within an international company with room for personal and professional development.
We are offering a market rate of pay and in addition excellent local benefits package