Unique opportunity for a Lead API Architect to join a growing technology business in Birmingham. Role Responsibilities
Essential Skills Required
- Contributing to the design, architecture and development of API solutions used by the mobile (native Android and iOS) and Web (React) client applications, producing high-quality reusable APIs that meet business requirements
- Collaboration with both local and offshore application development teams, product owners, UI/UX product designers, stakeholders, testers, operations and customers
- Ensuring the quality, performance and security of our APIs
- Helping define, introduce and enforce best practices within the organisation around API development, architecture and consumption
- Maintaining code quality, organisation, performance, and automation
- Support and align with the company software development lifecycle
- Standardising and enforcing coding standards and best practices
- Identifying, proposing, and coaching in new technologies, tools, and approaches to improve standards and ways of working
Desirable Skills (nice to have but not essential)
- Strong experience with REST API design and implementation
- Microservice design, build, and orchestration
- Excellent coding and digital development abilities
- Experience in cloud development (e.g. Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Solid experience with continuous integration and deployment
- Working in an Agile development team
- Working within a Dev(Sec)Ops culture
- BDD / ATDD
- Experience with specific technologies, such as Kubernetes, MongoDB, Redis, Kafka, etc.
The money is good too - Around £70k for the right person along with company benefits including up to 10% pension, the option to regularly work from home and plenty more.
If you're interested in this opportunity and would like to know more apply through this advert and I will contact you ASAP.