Workshop Engineering Manager - Andover Hampshire.Monday - Friday, Days based.
- Excellent salary (Negotiable)
- Excellent benefits.
- A career within automation one of the number one growth industries in the world.
- Career progression opportunities.
- Exposure to cutting edge technology.
- Excellent Benefits
I am currently looking to recruit a Workshop Engineering Manager for my client in Andover, Hampshire.
You will be involved in day to day supervision of workshop technicians and prioritisation and allocation of the workload. Working closely with the onsite engineering teams and all other sites around the globe on a daily basis.Roles and Responsibilities:
What They Require:
- Day to day supervision of workshop technicians including prioritisation and allocation of workload.
- Working closely with the onsite engineering team and all other sites around the globe on a daily basis to ensure direction of labour and planned repairs of all sub-assemblies to fully support operation.
- Team development
- Assessment of engineering team skills and assisting in up-skilling and training of staff, including integration of first line maintenance of plant and equipment
- Management and development of department processes; including shift handovers, briefs and defect reporting/resolving
- Ability to lead from the front driving pace accuracy and standards. As part of this you must also be competent and experienced as an Engineer, either mechanically or electrically and must be familiar and competent with both streams of engineering to enable decision-making
- Formal Health and Safety qualification and experience leading, managing and working safely with a high level of knowledge of UK legislation
- 4 to 5 years of experience at a management or supervisory level
- Good organisational skills and the ability to plan and prioritise
- Experience of lean methodologies and maintenance strategies
- Expert analytical and computer skills
- Good understanding of DC motor controls, and servomotors
- Good communication, organisation and planning skills
- Formal Engineering, management and leadership qualifications
If you have the above skills and wish to be considered for this position or find out more details then please submit your CV.
We will endeavour to contact all applicants however if you do not hear from me within two weeks then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful.