Job Title: Technical Onboarding ManagerLocation: Remote initially, primary office location to be Farnham Salary: £45,000 - £55,000 depending on experience Working Hours: 40 hours Monday - Friday Job Status: Permanent Who we are
We're the biggest name in Europe's vehicle remarketing industry, selling 1.3m vehicles per annum, across 60 locations and with a turnover of £2billion. We believe our people are the best in the business, they are friendly, expert and professional.
BCA is so much more than selling cars, from the dock to defleet and beyond, BCA touches over 3.5m vehicles a year, working with OEMs, fleet operators and dealers to provide the backbone of the UK's automotive supply chain. From technical and logistics services for new vehicles, refurbishment, storage and logistics for the growing used sector and the core remarketing and auction operation, BCA offers the economies of scale and diversity of services to meet the needs of an impressive portfolio of customers.Why work for BCA
We are always interested in talented people to join our team. Because our employees are so important, we treat them properly. We try to make working for BCA rewarding in every sense, including a positive work environment, training and development opportunities as well as exciting career options.
As a company we are very charity focused with regular events taking place throughout the year to support various charitable organisations.
We offer plenty of benefits to our staff including:
- Discounts in the onsite canteenEmployee Assistance Programme
- Eye care scheme
- Access to BCA Rewards which provides online and store discounts with a range of retailers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Training/apprenticeship offering
- Discounts in AA memberships
- Deals on new cars
- Company pension scheme
Our customers, particularly OEM's, Dealers and Corporates, are all pushing forward with their business objectives to provide their retail customers with the ability to purchase a new or used vehicle, and the DealerPro suite of valuation products exist to support that through the provision of a comprehensive vehicle part-exchange process.
To support the next phase of BCA's growth we now require a Technical Onboarding Manager within the Product team focused on ensuring that our customers onboarding experience is quick, easy and painless.
- The Technical Onboarding Manager will be a key hire for the business as they will be responsible for all customer on-boarding activities, working closely with the Commercial and Product teams to take customers through the pre-sales process including technical integration set-up, testing, dealer set-up, and any technical customer support requirements.
- The role will be primarily focussed on the time between the customers agreement of commercial terms with the BCA Commercial team, through to the customers BCA integration becoming BAU. The holder of this role will be the technical point of contact, they will serve as a technical guide and services expert for all new BCA customers, ensuring our customer is able to commence integration of any of the BCA Dealer Pro services quickly and painlessly, acting as the bridge between BCA and the customers development teams to resolve any issues and challenges with getting set up as a BCA customer.
Key ResponsibilitiesDefine and implement a clearly defined launch process aligned to BCA commercial terms.
- The role will require a close liaison with the Commercial / Sales teams, the Development team and Product teams plus the BCA personnel responsible for business account management activities. Core to this role will be the provision of an interface between the business contacts (Customers and BCA) and the technical teams delivering and maintaining the systems comprising the overall solution. Consequently, a key attribute is the ability to converse at the appropriate level of technical or business detail according to the audience.
Provide technical assistance and guidance during the on boarding process by identifying customers technical and business requirements.
- Co-ordinate with the key commercial stakeholders.
- Ensure clear communication and agreement with all stakeholders of launch process.
- Determine the transition plans from implementation to BAU.
- Work with the commercial team, ensure understanding & compliance of the product delivery to agreed contractual terms.
Take ownership of the resolution of any technical issues relating to customer solutions
- Working knowledge of both RESTful and SOAP API's to enable the role holder to provide first line technical support to BCA customers during the on boarding journey.
- Ensure customers successfully maximize the value they receive from our solutions and service offerings and are aligned with the terms and conditions of their services agreements, through the implementation and delivery of services.
- Provide excellent customer service, staying calm and communicating clearly and professionally in stressful situations.
- Ability to work independently & proactively identify and resolve issue without direct instructions
- Feed requirements to the Product & development teams to drive an optimal customer experience with on boarding
- Drive business analysis and requirements gathering.
- Confirm requirements with client stakeholders / sponsors.
- Support the Product team with the creation of user stories and participate in backlog refinement.
- Support user acceptance testing and sign-off.
- Produce support documentation
- Gain a detailed technical understanding of system solutions
- Write support documentation including process and system diagrams
- Distribute and explain solution documentation to support teams
- Agree support SLAs and processes
- Monitor and report on support processes and SLAs
- Act as an escalation point for issues.
- Act as liaison between the client and the BCA support team to maintain communication and ensure that all parties are aware of the current status, priority and business impact.
- Work directly with the BCA support teams to help provide a resolution.
- Organise conference calls, working parties etc. to facilitate issue resolution.
- Take responsibility for driving root cause analysis (if applicable).
- Hands-on technical support manager, who has worked with both Agile and waterfall delivery teams (sometimes both at the same time depending upon the customer)
- A clear balance of both technology and soft skills
- Is comfortable operating in an organisation going through transformational change
- Ability to adapt, develop long-term proposals and manage day-to-day queries, and support
- Ability to work independently, while supporting wider teams and to proactively identify and resolve issue without direct instructions
- Ability to communicate clearly, effectively and professionally. With the confidence to challenge, convince and manage multiple stakeholders within technology and business functions across a range of seniorities, experience and knowledge both within and external to BCA.
- experience and knowledge both within and external to BCA with professionalism and clarity
- Execution-focused to effectively drive business, culture, and technology change in a dynamic and complex operating environment
- Detail-oriented while also having the ability to work at both managerial and detailed level levels, and ensure communicating at the appropriate level for the audience
- Strong customer empathy skills along with a well-developed sense of the processes required to provide an optimum customer experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level of personal ownership and unimpeachable business integrity
- Significant, demonstrable repeat experience of delivering successful product implementations with positive business outcomes
- 3+ years' experience in a Product Implementation / Onboarding / pre-sales type of role, or variant
- Extensive experience working directly with commercial owners, product and development teams
- Confident working directly with customers and external stakeholders
- Understanding of a variety of software development processes and cycles
- Knowledge and experience of Agile product development approaches
- Confidence in the provision of first line technical support to BCA customers during the on boarding journey.
- Significant, demonstrable experience of delivering successful business outcomes
- Cultural awareness and emotional intelligence in working closely with diverse cultures
If you're looking for a career that has great teamwork, training, rewards, long-term scope and is going places - apply now! Our policy is to employ the best qualified people and provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees including promotion and training and not to discriminate against any person because of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or disability.