Engineering Technician is required to perform assembly and micro-optic alignment on prototype transmitter and receiver devices for use in high-speed optical communication systems.
The prototype activity is a key part in the development of new products to verify new technologies and approaches.
The key role is to work within the OSA Development Lab alongside the Process Development Team to assemble and align prototype devices to enable efficient new product introduction.
Tasks will include:
· Prototype assembly, including the use of microscopes and small quantities of epoxy adhesives.
· Knowledge of running automated die bond machines.
· Operation of automatic and manual wire-bonding machines
· Operation of manual and automatic optical alignment equipment
· Provide clear feedback to the development team on areas for improvement
· Product R&D teams in Caswell and Paignton
Education/Qualification - Minimum:
· Higher National Diploma or equivalent in Electronics Engineering discipline or equivalent
· Good hand / eye co-ordination & good manual dexterity.
· Good written and verbal communication skills
· Practical hands on approach to product assembly
· Experience within an optical / electronic product assembly environment
· Ability to use Microsoft Offices packages including Word and Excel to provide reports to development teams
· Previous experience of assembly electro-mechanical sub-assemblies for high-performance applications, particularly around die-bond, wirebond and optical alignment.
The candidate will have to demonstrate that they are capable of working within a team environment and have proven practical experience in completing given tasks. Their practical background and hands-on skills will enable them to integrate quickly into an existing team. The candidate must demonstrate strong interpersonal communication skills.
Occasional travel to other development sites in the UK is likely to be required.
Oclaro Technology Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, marital status, part-time and fixed-term contract status, age, sexual orientation or religion or on the basis of disability.