Computacenter are building on their heritage of enterprise data centre transformation services and become a leading EMEA partner for Red Hat. We are looking for an experienced Linux specialist to support the pre-sales and delivery of its enterprise Linux propositions. As a senior consulting role, the right candidates will be engaging and articulate IT professionals, with proven hands-on experience of designing and delivering Linux solutions, ideally with experience of Red Hat Linux and Red Hat Satellite server. A knowledge of OpenShift or any other RHEL technology stack is highly desirable, as is a knowledge of automation using ansible or puppet. Role Responsibility
You will be responsible for engaging with solution/cloud stakeholders, to consult and help achieve enterprise adoption, utilising the Red Hat Opensource stack of products. The role requires an individual who can keep up to speed with this fast-evolving area of Opensource technologies, work well within consulting teams and has a proven track record in delivering Linux solutions. You will have experience in automation of solutions and have a passion for opensource technologies.
- Solution Design
- Design and configuration of high availability and disaster recovery scenarios
- Designing robust implementation and migration plans;
- RHEL/Satellite/OpenShift Server solution performance tuning and health checks
- Proven troubleshooting skills
- Scalability planning
- RHEL/Satellite/OpenShift Server maintenance and operations
In addition, the candidate will need experience in conducting technical performance and scalability reviews, RHEL/Satellite/OpenShift Server design reviews, RHEL/Satellite/OpenShift Server High Availability reviews, etc ... Main Responsibilities
The Ideal Candidate
- Consult and advise on complex enterprise RHEL/Satellite/OpenShift solutions, across Hybrid and Multi-Cloud provider infrastructures and services
- Work with sales and consulting peers to understand and assist customers in building open source adoption strategies
- Work with Solutions Architects and Infrastructure engineers to design and accelerate customer adoption of cloud technologies
- Provide hands-on support in implementing RHEL Linux solutions and proving application build pipeline automation for processes
- Prepare, attend and present at customer workshops and meetings
- Work with sales and consulting peers to improve current and develop future service offerings and value propositions
- Certified in RedHat Linux to at least Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) level
- A detailed knowledge of the RHEL operating system and key components such as SELinux.
- Demonstrate experience of automation for infrastructure using ansible, puppet or similar
- Experience of developing and implementing Red Hat Satellite server designs.
- A good knowledge of the Red Hat Opensource technology stack, ideally with exposure to OpenShift, Openstack, ansible tower or RHV
- Understanding of container runtime, orchestrator, networking and storage concepts.
- Experience of source code control systems - ideally Git.
- Working knowledge of application security best practices, and methods required to secure RHEL systems automated pipelines and operations.