At Vizlib, we're shooting for the stars. Over the past year, we've grown exponentially and added some of the world's best-known brands to our client list. We're on a mission to make data analytics and data visualisation a ubiquitous tool for data-driven organisations through code-free and incredibly intuitive UI for Qlik Sense extension products. The role:
As a Management Accountant you will be pivotal in building out the financial/management and reporting structure of our company as we embark on a new growth phase. You will be responsible for accounting, bookkeeping, financial reporting and maintaining accuracy of key financial performance metrics.
You will be self-motivated, articulate, able to multi-task, demonstrate attention to detail, and work under minimal direction - with excellent verbal and written communication skills. You will organize and prioritize tasks, take responsibility for your own workload and be proactive in helping others work effectively, supporting customers. Working in a small but dynamic team covering You will report to the Financial Controller, and provide weekly updates, and reports.
You will support the organisation, by managing the P&L and ensuring data accuracy in the accounting platform for the UK, Swedish and Polish entities. You will be tasked with preparation of the Monthly Management (SaaS Metrics) & Year End Accounts, working with our FC and external accountants, from start to finish.The responsibilities:
- Managing all finance and accounting bookkeeping (with the FC support)
- Month End Closure - Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Reviewing invoices from Polish, Swedish entities - first level review
- Payroll processes - includes monthly journals, monthly employee expenses (revolut card via on-line portal, and reimbursements), and processing and reconciliation of intercompany accounts.
- Review /maintain the company Fixed Asset Register
- Preparation of monthly Prepayments and Accruals
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations (including cash,currency, and intercompany).
- Preparation of weekly Cash Flow forecasts alongside bank reconciliations (coming soon as we bring it back in-house)
- Assisting with annual budget and forecast preparation.
- Reconciliation and preparation of the quarterly VAT returns
- Assistance with preparation of corporation tax returns.
- Preparation of the year-end file in conjunction with the external accountants
- Preparation of working papers and draft periodic regulatory returns
- Raising invoices & setting up supplier payments
- Customer license activation and renewals
- Liaising with customers for purchase orders payments and onboarding new customers,
- Proactively keeping up-to-date with systems,processes, best practises
- Collaborate on process improvements, best practices and new efficiencies
- Document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal control
- Proven working experience as a Management Accountant
- 3+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- Accountancy qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) - Newly qualified (with past 12months)
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Track record of finance process improvements
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Excellent Accounting/CRM software user and administration skills (Familiar with Pipedrive, SAAS Optics, Quickbooks, Trello)
- Experience working in a dynamic practice and/or a SaaS tech company would be ideal
- Flexible and able to work well as part of a team and alone,in a fast-paced environment and adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Versatile, adaptable and enthusiastic approach.
- Calm under pressure, organised with strong time management
- Strong attention to detail
- Well developed communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Effective challenger, always looking for better ways of doing things
- Ability to stay focused and prioritise effectively in day-to-day activities
- A solution-driven approach to deliver on deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
We believe in providing the best environment to allow you to do your best work, and we currently offer the following:
- A very competitive salary
- Employer contributory pension scheme
- Top of the generous training grant
- A growing 'library' for inspiration
- Top of the range equipment to help you do your job to the highest possible standard
- Private medical healthcare with comprehensive cover and on exclusions
- A fun and supportive office environment working alongside some true experts
- A company in an industry where your work has an impact every single day
- Lots of swag, snacks and treats
We're still shaping the company and the benefits we provide to you. If there's something missing that will allow you to do your work better or give you more peace of mind and will help others, then we want to hear it.Salary