Are you a Payroll Specialist looking for a new contract role? We have an excellent contract to support a maternity leave cover. This will be for a minimum of 6 months but potentially up to 18 months worth of work.
The pro-rated salary will be up to £25456.68 and we are looking for a candidate with Payroll and Pension experience reporting to the Payroll and Pensions Manager.
This will be located in Poole, close to Bounemouth. Role Purpose
To provide an efficient, comprehensive, accurate and customer focused Payroll and Pension service in line with agreed standards and requirements.
The role involves processing and administering core payroll activities for a all operating companies within Aster Group and applying legislation to all scenarios of payroll. Key Accountabilities
Experience and Qualifications
- Provide support, advice and assistance to all Aster Group employees. Organise queries in order of urgency to manage workload efficiently. Provide guidance for employees on various processes such as maternity leave and sickness procedures.
- Ensure correct salaries and allowances are paid and relevant deductions are made. Administering Statutory leave and payments for Sickness, Maternity, Paternity, Adoption and Shared Parental Leave. Where necessary complete manual calculations of PAYE and National Insurance Contributions.
- Ensuring that accurate reconciliation of monthly deductions to payments to 3rd party vendors including maintain records of deductions from salaries and ensure that payments are made to third party vendors.
- Manage Court Order and Attachment to Earnings Orders including Child Maintenance, Direct Earnings Attachments and CAPs payments.
- Completion of new starter records and compliance with HMRC procedures. This can also include questions to employees on details such as Student Loan repayments.
- Proactively review processes for improving efficiency and effectiveness.
- Compliance with HM Revenue and customs on all PAYE tasks
- Undertake any other duties as may be reasonably be required by the Payroll & Pensions Manager
- Minimum of three years payroll experience.
- Knowledge of HMRC regulations, including PAYE, Statutory payments
- Payroll qualification held
- Intermediate level of IT skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of applications
- Associate member of CIPP (ACIPP)
- Excellent communication skills
- Educated to GCSE Standard (or equivalent), including passes in English and Maths
- Experience of working to tight deadlines
- Ability to follow guidelines and organise and plan daily workload to known deadlines and project requirements.
- Confidentiality and integrity is essential
The internal reference number of this vacancy is 835385, however please apply using the application link using your CV.
Please note that due to the high number of applications it's not always possible to provide detailed feedback to all candidates, please accept my apologies for this