Job Description Summary
Aegon is one of the world's leading providers of life insurance, pensions and asset management.
Our mission is to help people achieve a lifetime of financial security, and we're investing in innovation that can make people's finances work harder. From online technology that gives one-stop access to a universe of investment opportunity - to retirement products that make wealth planning simple, easy and fulfilling - we're dedicated to getting people closer to their financial goals every day.
Procurement as part of the Commercial Finance team provides commercial leadership in the balance between business demand, ability & price to deliver lowest total cost and highest value for money from suppliers, whilst enabling business needs, legislative compliance, quality, costs and service delivery across Aegon UK's Operations.
The role of procurement is to:
Summary of Role:
- Design, implement and maintain a robust, cost-effective & practical procurement policy across the business >£300m annual spend on third party goods & services
- Act as the custodian of good practice in the procurement of third party goods & services
- Provide commercial leadership to the business in the balance between business demand (quantity), quality & price to deliver lowest total cost & highest value for money from suppliers, whilst enabling business managers to meet their commercial & cost management goals
- Support the business in establishing best practice/framework for having Supplier Management discussions/interactions
An opportunity to join a high performing Procurement team and contribute to the success of a growing digital business by driving cost savings and service improvements. This role is responsible for;
- Managing the procurement activities driven by our Change Programme.
- Provide procurement leadership to the business by being recognised as a business partner and subject matter expert through your technical/behavioural skills and market knowledge.
- Ensure the impact of change is understood and managed strategically.
- Support the Head of Procurement to embed robust & workable procurement policy & processes that establish the framework for procurement.
- Ensure stakeholders clearly understand the standards expected from Procurement Policy through regular engagement and relationship management.
- Ensure systems are up to date and our data is accurate.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Manage Risk
- Think Customer
- Embrace Change
- Encourage excellence
- Act with integrity
- Decisive action
- Work Together
- Learn and grow
- Relate and communicate
- Broad category knowledge including software licencing, application development, advisory services and outsourcing.
- Developing and executing Sourcing Strategies.
- Negotiating complex, high value contracts.
- Financial Regulations which impact supplier relationships.
- Supplier Risk Assessment and segmentation.
- Contract Law.
- Excellent communication, planning & organisation and team working skills.
- Customer focus and influencing.
- Pragmatic, flexible and open to change.
- Financial Services Procurement experience is essential.
- Sourcing Software and IT Services
- Expert Negotiator.
- Stakeholder management.
- Educated to degree level and or Full CIPS Membership.
Competitive salary dependent on experience from £53,960 to £67,450.Benefits
In return, we can offer you career development and a range of financial services benefits including:
- Non-contributory Pension between 8% and 12% dependent on age
- Car allowance - £4,400
- 29 days holiday entitlement + statutory holidays
- Flexible benefits including private health care, income protection and life assurance with additional voluntary benefits available
- Subsidised on-site restaurant including Subway and Costa
- Free on-site multi-story car park
- On-site gym facilities