MAXIMUS UK, a wholly-owned subsidiary of MAXIMUS, Inc., operates several business lines in the UK, including the Centre for Health and Disability Assessments, Remploy, Health Management, MAXIMUS People Services and Revitalised. MAXIMUS employs 4,000 local staff, including over 1,400 doctors, nurses, occupational therapists and other Healthcare Professionals. Operating from more than 270 locations in the UK, MAXIMUS is one of the largest providers of employment, health and disability support programmes in the country.
Home working will be considered for this role.
11 month fixed term contract.Job Summary
- Design, develop, and test ETL/ELT solutions based upon business requirements in our enterprise database environments. Use ETL/ELT standards and practices toward establishing and following a centralized metadata repository.
- Monitor ETL/ELT processes, quickly act upon failures, proactively communicate malfunctions, and coordinate with other teams, whenever necessary to resolve
- Working closely with business areas to develop an understanding of their reporting needs and gaps with a view to creating data warehouse solutions to support business wide dashboards, reports, rich visualizations and graphics.
- Identify, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets and communicate analysis and findings in a clear, concise manner to internal and external customers
- Produce Physical and Logical data models to support the ETL/ELT creation for key business projects
- Work with the immediate BI function, stakeholders, colleagues and partners to scope, deliver and refine a high quality and relevant data warehouse solution, to drive a performance management culture
- Work closely with BI team to transform data into the right format required for reports and dashboards (PowerBI front end)
- Develop the code that processes and transforms the data from various case management systems and populates a Data Warehouse used for Reporting solutions in near real time using SQL
- Tune the code running against the database to optimise performance and resource utilisation.
- Investigate code and data issues to determine the root cause and implement fixes, coordinating with other teams where necessary
- Working with the BI team to deliver project outputs on time and to a high specification
- To define and adhere to industry best practise (coding standards, source control, continuous integration, data quality, etc.)
- Develop and maintain software such as (but not limited to) relational structures, stored procedures, functions and triggers
- Support wider Database team members through sharing knowledge and experience
- Extensive ETL/ELT development project experience utilizing Microsoft enterprise stack
- Extensive data design/modelling/development experience (database development, analysis)
- Prior data integration experience; e.g. ETL, ELT, etc
- Advanced knowledge and hands on experience of key technical concepts, such as: logical and physical data modelling, performance tuning, code reviews process, data normalization processes, data integration methods, Agile SDLC, production support, etc.
- Extensive experience developing utilizing the Microsoft BI Stack (SQL Server 2017, PowerBI, SSIS, SSRS)
- Educated to relevant degree level and/or by experience.
- Knowledge of Azure/AWS cloud will be desirable.
- Proven ability to take initiative and be innovative with an Analytical mind /problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to communicate widely and effectively both verbally and written
- Strong attention to detail with an ability to work effectively in a team and independently
- Ability to develop and deliver end-to-end data warehouse solutions, either as part of an overall team or working under your own supervision
- Ability to work accurately under time pressure, manage deadlines and multiple priorities, including competing demands
MAXIMUS is committed to developing, maintaining and supporting a culture of equality and diversity in employment in which our employees as well as candidates for employment are treated equitably. We understand that a diverse workforce adds to our competitive advantage; and as such, we aim to ensure that job applicants do not receive less favourable treatment on the grounds of sex, race, marital status, disability, age, part-time or fixed term contract status, sexual orientation or religion, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements that cannot be shown to be justifiable. Advertisements for posts will include sufficiently clear and accurate information to enable potential applicants to assess their own suitability for the post.