Radiodetection is a world leader in the design and development of test equipment, used by utility companies, to help install, protect and maintain their infrastructure networks. With a truly global presence and a team of dedicated experts, we are at the forefront of detection technology.
This role is based at our headquarters in Bristol, you will be working as a part of a project team driving forward our product range.About the Senior Software Engineer:
The Senior Software Engineer will work within the Software Development Team to help build new experiences, improve existing products and develop management systems for Cable location, Video inspection and Time Domain Reflectometry products.
Being a core participant of the team, the Senior Software Engineer will estimate engineering efforts, plan implementations, and triage production issues. You need to be dynamic, collaborative, and curious as well as an impeccable communicator as you will be expected to collaborate with distributed teams.Responsibilities of the Senior Software Engineer:
Requirements of the Senior Software Engineer:
- Taking a leading role in the Software Engineering team
- Responsible for the entire software lifecycle from concept stage through delivery to post launch support.
- Developing and working on features within desktop software like our RD Manager product and within our SaaS offer C.AT Manager Online.
- Coding, testing, and debugging integrated systems to a high standard.
- Focused on Code optimization to drive low latency performance on our solution stack.
- Using dev tools such as Azure Dev Ops, BitBucket, Git, Jira, Confluence, and others.
If you feel like you meet the above criteria for the Senior Software Engineer, then please apply now!
- Ability to write clear and concise code whilst implementing appropriate software design patterns
- Strong understanding of operating systems such as Linux and Windows
- OO design and programming skills in C++ and C#
- Knowledge and experience with Visual Studio and .NET technology
- SQL Server, WCF and Web API, Winforms / WPF / UWP Xamarin Forms
- Knowledge of InstallShield
- Experience in Web front-end development
- Knowledge of version control systems
- Experience of Test Driven Development approach to commercial software