plc is one of the UK's leading multi-brand retailers specialising in sports, lifestyle and luxury. Some of our high-street names include; Sports Direct, USC, FLANNELS, House of Fraser, Frasers, GAME, Evans Cycles and Jack Wills. Please note this role is based in our Head Office in Shirebrook, Derbyshire.
Our Finance Team are looking for a Junior Accountant - Property lines, to join a current team of two, facilitating the management and reporting of c.800 UK property related costs, across multiple group entities. The role is new and has been made available by recent major company acquisitions. You will be working alongside one other junior accountant, and reporting into the Accounting supervisor - property lines.
Tasks include, and not limited to:
- Assist with month-end processes in a timely fashion.
- Preparing and posting property related releases into multiple companies.
- Analysing prepayments and accruals with the result of reconciling the statement of financial position.
- To identify and prepare numerous recharges across the group.
- To prepare headcount data that will assist with reporting information to the board of directors and auditors.
- Preparation of subsidiary VAT returns
- Ad-hoc project analysis and reporting
- interact with members of staff both within the team and wider departments.
- Previous work experience in a finance department
- Working towards/ambitions of completing one of ACCA/CIMA/ACA
- Hard working and willingness to learn is essential