Financial Controller - Ecom/Fashion
Our client is one of the fastest growing fashion/ecom businesses globally. The business has grown at ridiculous rates in recent years and as such, requires an experienced Financial Controller to bring fresh ideas, innovative solutions and an A+ mentality towards culture and diversity.The role (it's a broad one!):
This is a truly unique opportunity to have a pivotal role in building out the finance function in a business that truly values & develops its people. You'll have the opportunity to work closely with the executive Leadership team, enable the launch of new lines & locations, challenge their status-quo, use the latest software to automate processes, identify challenges and opportunities and importantly help guide them in their decision making.
If you're the type of person who looks for a challenge, is inquisitive and loves to learn, this is for you - the marketplace complexity along with their rapid international expansion and ever growing activities means there is never a boring day here!
When we talk about a Financial Controller - we're not talking about someone who just focuses on creating a set of accounts each month and gives them to the business. This role is responsible for the processes that create the accounts and the numbers that come out - but goes so much further.
This person will have an intimate knowledge with both how the numbers get created and how the key dynamics in the business work to understand business performance, and how the changes that are happening impact their understanding of what they expect to happen in the future.
More specifically, we are looking for someone who will:
Requirements: Who you are...
- Build and develop a small team of A+ individuals;
- Install a robust and technically strong, financial control environment
- Own and manage the creation of the maangement accounts in an accurate, timely and efficient way;
- Build an in-depth understanding of the business, processes and provide unique insight into the numbers;
- Drive process improvements with the mindset of continuous improvement, with a focus on efficiency through automation whether this means process change using excel, implementing new add-on software or working with our product team to build internal software;
- Manage and improve the monthly management accounts process, help them to rebuild their reporting so that they can share their insights and drive real value to the business;
- Work closely with functional heads to build their financial knowledge and provide more valuable and timely information;
- Be a critical member of cross-functional projects, enabling the business to launch new, innovative services rapidly while managing the financial requirements;
- Make tradeoffs with the business on 'right-sizing' processes and using tools/automations intelligently to figure out how we can support the business moving at pace now without building up a legacy of lots of half-baked processes which will break as they scale.
- Work with the auditors to improve and evolve processes, policies and documentation.
- Manage the audit, preparation of our statutory statutory accounts and tax compliance;
- Identify risks faced by the business in the UK and internationally and provide solutions to practically manage them;
You will be a unique Senior Finance Manager (making the step up) or already operating at Financial Controller level, looking for a role that takes you way beyond just being responsible for month end and our numbers. You are looking for a role where you get rapid exposure to what it's like operating in a top high growth business and you want to roll up your sleeves and learn by getting stuck in.
You are a team player, enjoy working with and developing others and a strong communicator. You thrive in a fast-paced environment, are happy juggling various tasks, respond with initiative to challenges and can quickly adapt to changing priorities. You are structured, process driven, organised and pay close attention to detail but comfortable with "grey".
In terms of technical skills:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA is preference)
- 5 years + audit or in house finance experience (2+ years post qualified)
- Retail, multi-site marketplace or ecommerce background an advantage but by no means essential
- Strong financial controls background gained in a broad setting
- Experience implementing new systems or improving existing systems
- Competitive salary and bonus (that is being paid out in full)
- Competitive Maternity, Paternity and Adoption leave policies;
- Regular team events where they celebrate their success and people
- Company benefits membership
If you would be interested in learning more then please apply or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Full disclosure of package will be provided.