THG is one of the fastest growing online retailers on the planet. We have over a decade of building and growing brands in the Beauty and Wellness sectors, across over 140 markets. We are currently the UK's leading multi-website online retailer with rapidly growing global operations and we currently have millions of customers worldwide.
We are building a world-class business with global ambitions, a proprietary technology platform, and disruptive business model. Our culture is fast-paced and ambitious - we like to move twice as fast as you might think is possible. That's how the company operates, and it is part of the DNA that has led to our incredible growth. We have over 6,000 diverse, smart thinkers - our people are unquestionably our strength. Wherever in the world they are, whatever their role, we encourage our people to share the smart thinking, and give them the support to see their ideas made real. We have built an environment that empowers our people to achieve their full potential, creating innovative digital experiences that deliver results.
As part of our hyper growth we seek to hire and develop well-rounded, commercially astute, ambitious people that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG and drive us forward.
About the Technology @THG
Our software is the core of our business and enables the company to continue to grow and thrive. The Group's industry leading and proprietary technology platform powers its own consumer sites plus global media partners and brand owners, including: Unilever, Nintendo P&G, Nestle and the Daily Mail Group etc. All of our applications are developed in-house by the Software Engineering Teams. In order to enable our teams to continue to achieve, we are always looking for bright and intellectual people who are happy to push boundaries and challenge the status quo. You will be surrounded by highly intellectual and passionate colleagues, all with the common goal to help us grow this business globally, fast.
About the Role:
You will be a full-stack software engineer working to deliver cutting edge solutions to advance THG's technology platform and deliver valuable business functionalities. You will help the team with technical & architectural roadmap driving the direction of our applications.
• You will work with business stakeholders to identify and deliver new features in accordance with the product roadmap
• You will deliver new features following an agile methodology
• You will support and actively participate in code reviews
• You will foster a culture focused oninnovative problem solving, craftsmanship, collaboration and speed of delivery
This might be you, if you have...
• Strong communication skills, verbal and written
• Experience of working in an agile team delivering large-scale web applications
• Significant software development experience in creating and maintaining frontend applications and UIs using JS frameworks like React, Angular and Nodejs
• Some experience using object-oriented programming languages, preferably Java
• Some experience in database technologies, both SQL and document-oriented
• Some experience in messaging queue technologies like ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ etc
• Exposure to authentication systems and integration
• Exposure to Unix based operating systems
• Exposure to DevOps tools especially Docker and Kubernetes
• Exposure or interest in GraphQL
• Exposure or interest in automated testing and load testing tools
• Willingness to work outside of area of expertise
What's in it for you
• Competitive Salary, plus a bonus
• You'll be joining a growing, intelligent team that will drive business change
• You'll have the opportunity to make an impact within the team, applying the skills and methodologies you've learnt
• You'll be working for a company with an excellent culture, in a friendly and fast paced environment
• You'll have the opportunity to solve complex business/technical problems