JOB PROFILEPOSITION: Senior DAS Engineer REPORTING TO: Technical ManagerLOCATION: Reading UKDEPARTMENT: RadioPrincipal Objective of Position
For over 20 years the Vilicom vision remains unwavering - to enable millions of people around the world to empower themselves with the freedom to communicate, learn, share and work from anywhere. We provide consultancy, project management, mobile coverage systems and testing services for clients in a diverse range of industries and are growing our teams.
We are looking for a Senior RF Engineer to join the team to design and deliver 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G solutions for our clients. Our team design these systems for stadiums, hospitals, airports, pharmaceutical plants, large office developments, offshore developments and other special venues as well as the wider macro environment. Why this Job:
- Salary and benefits competitive in the industry.
- An opportunity to work on the latest technologies such as 5G, private networks, IOT, VRAN and ORAN.
- Work with a company with a strong emphasis on continuous professional development with inhouse and external training, coaching and mentoring programs.
- Be involved in some of the largest active DAS's in Europe
- Clearly defined job role development and opportunity to grow with a business who are leaders in their field.
What we're looking for...
- Design indoor coverage solutions including active and passive distributed antenna systems (DAS) and small cells including 3D Modelling and propagation prediction
- Design of cellular systems with a good knowledge of different network architecture models and standards
- Complete on-site design surveys to verify designs. Walk through designs with install teams on-site during build phase.
- Complete on-site measurements to record the radio conditions inside buildings.
- Customer focused - understanding client requirements and defining solutions and scope to meet their needs and budget.
- Delivery high quality design and technical reports.
- Representing Vilicom, at client meetings and presentations, as an authority and expert in RF design.
- Commission, troubleshoot and test distributed antenna systems and small cells.
- Use a variety of design and testing tools and software such as iBwave, Nemo Outdoor, Nemo Analysis, MapInfo, and spectrum analysers.
- Carry out quality control reviews of radio design documentation and site survey measurement results
- Be part of Vilicom's Continuous Professional Development by enhancing technical skills and keeping up to date with technology trends. Provide support and coaching to junior engineers.
- Preparing technical and financial proposals to customers and support Vilicom's Business Development team.
- Bachelor/master's degree in Telecommunications, Electronic Engineering, Wireless Communications or equivalent Engineers / Design discipline
- At least five years of relevant work experience
- Experience with various inbuilding equipment vendors
- Experience in RF design and RF fundamentals including iBwave software
- Authorised to work in the UK and possesses fluent English verbal and written skills
- Driving license is an advantage