At Signal we want to help organisations identify risks and opportunities and see movements in the market before anyone else. We want to help leaders take bold decisions, safe that the data is on their side. We want to connect all those external data points together, uncover the unknown unknowns, and be at the very heart of the knowledge economy.
We've already built a world-class artificial intelligence platform for real-time information aggregation and analysis at a massive scale. We proved our value with monitoring and measurement products in the PR&Comms space, and are now joining the dots beyond.
We are friendly and informal people who are passionate about our brand as we all have a stake in our success. We have an inclusive environment, welcoming the skills and experience from many diverse backgrounds, and together we have created who we are and what we sell. We are proud of our achievements and continue to strive for the unknown.
We have just completed our $25 million Series C funding round, bringing our total funding to date to $49.5 million. This latest funding round is led by Redline Capital with participation from existing investors including MMC Ventures, GMG Ventures and Hearst Ventures.What you'll be doing?
You will be joining a small team as a Senior SRE committed to ensuring our systems are stable, secure and can scale as we continue our rapid growth as a company.
Our team is responsible for:
- The strategic management and proactive cost management of our AWS infrastructure
- The security, reliability, observability and operability of our platform.
- The championing of SRE principles throughout all engineering teams
- Communicating security and service level information clearly to the company and our contractual teams
for us means:
- You can contribute strategic direction to the team
- You have high agency to get things done - owning, finishing and delivering results
- You can listen, be decisive and clear when communicating with others of all abilities.
- You are capable of mentoring others and giving constructive feedback.
We rely heavily on the following technologies:
- Terraform, Python, Go and Ansible for our infrastructure code.
- Clojure and Python to write our application code
- Elasticsearch for solving high volume distributed search problems
- Postgres for most persistent data storage
- Docker to run our services
You should apply if:
- You are confident in owning and making decisions around a large cloud environment.
- You are able to prioritize collaboratively between tactical problems and addressing technical debt.
- You are comfortable developing and evolving software to solve complex operational problems.
- You have a deep knowledge of operational security and understand how to communicate this to clients and the business.
- You have a deep understanding of the low-level stack and are happy working in a terminal environment.
- You are proficient in a standard unix based environment
- You know when to use the right technical tool for the job at hand.
- You have strong communication skills and are comfortable expressing your ideas to multiple different audiences
- You are proactive with a positive attitude, well organised, and adept at managing competing deadlines and priorities
- You are comfortable with and excited by a fast-paced and often changing environment, eager to solve new problems and learn new skills in order to succeed
- You have a self-starter mindset; you proactively identify issues and opportunities and tackle them without being told to do so
- You are a team player whom your colleagues can rely on
Nice to haves:
- You can demonstrate a deep understanding of distributed sharded databases (elasticsearch or similar)
- You can demonstrate experience scaling large distributed event-driven microservice architectures.
- Competitive salary
- Share options
- Flexible working
- Pension plan
- Enhanced Maternity Policy
- Unlimited holiday entitlement
- Company MacBook & Apple equipment