Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is comprised of: Fitch Ratings, a global leader in credit ratings and research; Fitch Solutions, an industry-leading provider of credit risk products and services; and Fitch Learning, a preeminent training and professional development firm. With dual headquarters in London and New York, Fitch Group is owned by Hearst.
Fitch complies with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which it operates, and provides equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All applications will be considered without regard to race, colour, creed, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and other status protected by applicable laws.
Fitch Solutions' Capital Structure team is seeking a bright, ambitious Copy Editor
to support our market-leading credit research and editorial coverage.
Capital Structure is a real-time news service that covers the capital markets transactions and the special situations & distressed debt markets. Its client base is comprised of a broad spectrum of leveraged loan and high yield market participants including investment funds, law firms, sell-side financial institutions and restructuring advisors. This Copy Editor will be part of a team that reviews the stories written by the staff of reporters in order to improve readability, and ensure fitness for purpose as well as that content is free of grammatical and factual errors.
In addition, our staff get all the benefits of working for Fitch Solutions, a leading financial information services company, while at the same time being immersed in Capital Structure's entrepreneurial culture.Key Responsibilities
- Editing: Edit real-time copy for accuracy, consistency, grammar and house style; query copy and suggest changes.
- Financial: Strong analytical skills is an advantage. Able to handle numbers (e.g. calculate percentages), and digest a company's financial results (e.g. can find revenue and EBITDA figures from published accounts), and check text vs. table agreements.
- Content production: Write headlines, and ensure that all stories conform to standard style guidelines.
- Significant copy editing experience; financial markets experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of media production and communication.
- Ability to work under real-time publication deadlines
- Basic knowledge of the financial markets; credit markets preferred.
- Willingness to support and collaborate with a team of experienced writers, and provide constructive feedback on a consistent basis.
CapitalStructure covers dozens of fast-moving situations, so the candidate will be expected to be pro-active and flexible, and able to cope with a variety of scenarios and tasks.
Leveraged finance market experience would be an advantage; good financial awareness and a willingness to learn are essential
Working hours: Either 8am-5pm or 9am to 6pm Monday to Friday, with a requirement for occasional earlier starts working from home.
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts for you and your Family Members prior to commencing employment. If you, or your Family Members, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, they must be sold before beginning work. In certain roles, employees and their Family Members may be limited to investments in diversified mutual funds only.
For more information about this policy, please visit the Code of Ethics and Conduct page.