French and German TranslatorJOB PURPOSE
The main objective of this role is to be the French and German language specialist within the business and the main contact when it comes to translations and key cultural differences.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Translate from English into French and German
- Taking editorial direction from our global content plans/briefs and adapt for French and German marketing communications
- Website POS/Banner copy and email translation
- Ad-hoc SEO and on-site content translation
- Weekly social media caption translation
- Check translated copy is matching SLAs (e.g. products description)
- Other ad-hoc translation projects, as required
- Manage the French and German cultural calendars
- Monitor French and German website's quality in terms of translation and functionality
- Monitor and benchmark competitors within the French and German market
- Work closely with the content and social media teams to provide key dates, local differences and new opportunities for storytelling in the local market
- Speak French, German and English (fluently), can be romote all locations accepted.
- A confident communicator, able to liaise with and present to a variety of teams at our head office in Europe.
- A keen interest in the retail environment
- The ability to adapt quickly and creatively to industry trends whilst constantly providing new ideas and opportunities for elevating them within the local UO market
- A broad understanding of the French and German fashion and lifestyle landscape. You have an in-depth knowledge of local social media behaviour.
- Organised and able to independently manage and adapt your own workload in a fast-paced environment.