This role is an essential member of the Power & Energy, Cathcart leadership team and responsible for positively impacting the overall success of the business. This role provides leadership and accountability for the Celeros Cathcart project management function and has overall responsibility for all processes related to managing projects for the Cathcart site for the manufacturing of Engineered-to-Order (ETO) pumps, valves, and filters for complex power, oil & gas, nuclear and industrial markets.
This position's primary purpose is to manage the Cathcart project management team for all aspects of the delivery of projects for the Cathcart site from order intake to project closeout, ensuring appropriate gating, metrics and linkage during the quoting and award phases, with ultimate accountability for the successful execution of all projects. Has accountability for delivered (as-executed) margin vs. quoted (as-sold) margin. Explores opportunities to leverage all resources to reduce costs and optimize efficiencies.
The Project Management Lead ensures all project phases are completed in a timely and cost-effective manner, meet the required quality standard, building strategic relationships with customers by meeting and exceeding their expectations, and serving as the team's main point of contact for escalation issues. The incumbent will work to successfully deliver Power & Energy projects in a manner that fulfills contractual and technical requirements, meets or exceeds customer expectations, and adheres to safety and ethical standards while achieving target margins and promoting the company's reputation in the market.
The person in this role will create and lead with a culture of strong leadership, innovation, talent, and disciplined practices and processes. This leader will also develop and maintain a sustained and long-term continuous improvement and efficient organization that consistently produces improved results while motivating and retaining employees with high-performance standards. PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide strategic vision and leadership for the Cathcart Project Management team's effective implementation of project management processes and initiatives
- Develop an annual strategic plan for project execution and estimating in alignment with the strategic plan of the business
- Drive flawless execution for the PM team and function across the pump, valve, and process filtration portfolio
- Clearly communicate agreed upon execution metric results to senior leadership
- Optimize competence to match present and future needs through training, coaching, and recruitment of high calibre talent
- Leverage partnerships and build a network of effective relationships, both internally and externally with business leaders and key customers.
- Responsible for attracting, developing, retaining, and rewarding talent across the team to ensure bench strength and succession.
- Monitor key supplier performance and address gaps with Supply Chain if required.
- Contract management with the interaction between all parties involved
- Financial responsibility to maintain the target margin of project, forecast revenues with full visibility and costs associated with projects, incl. POC and progress, develop payment schedules (cash flow plan)
- Change order and claims management
- Project risk management
- Travel to customer or internal meetings (offices, job sites, workshops)
- Responsible for managing projects in all countries in which Power & Energy, Cathcart does business
- Identify and support continuous Operational Excellence (OpEx) improvement initiatives
- Initiate and drive a successful Lessons Learned process to inform other projects and the proposal managers of new projects
- All duties as directed or modified.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Customer satisfaction (internal & external)
- Expansion of project margins
- On-time delivery of milestones
- Accuracy of cost and revenue forecasting
- Meet the required quality standards
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCERequired Education / Experience
- Project Scope & Change Management: Defining and validating the project deliverables and work to produce them. Managing and responding to requests for changes to the project in a structured and controlled manner.
- Planning & Scheduling: Using information about activities and deliverables to determine the overall project duration, and when activities and events are scheduled to occur.
- Project Resource Management: Identifying, securing, and assigning resources to activities so that the project is delivered within scope, cost, and timescales.
- Budget and Cost Management: Ensuring budgets are estimated, agreed, tracked and managed properly throughout the lifecycle of the project
- Project Risk and Issue Management: Anticipating, identifying, assessing and addressing potential or actual events and items that may impact positively or negatively on project delivery or benefits realization.
- Project Quality Management: Project quality management is the discipline that is applied to ensure that both the project outputs and the processes by which the outputs are delivered meet the required stakeholder needs.
- Progress Monitoring and Reporting: Reviewing and reporting on all aspects of project progress through the timely and accurate collection, maintenance and dissemination of project information to stakeholders.
- Project Review and Evaluation: Conducting regular reviews to check project progress, evaluate achievement of project benefits and capture and disseminate lessons learned.
- Project Closure: Finalizing all project matters, including obtaining agreement to completion from the customer, handing back or redeploying project resources, archiving all project information, conducting final project reviews and sharing learning for future use.
- Program Management: Managing multiple projects concurrently, taking into account resource constraints, in order to achieve a common business goal.
- Project Health, Safety and Environmental Focus: Determining and applying Celeros and statutory standards and methods to minimize the likelihood of accidents, injuries and environmental impact, both during the project and during the operation of its deliverables.
- Contract Management: Managing the execution of contractual agreements with customers and suppliers to ensure we are compliant with the stated terms and conditions throughout the duration of the project.
- Required Competencies
- Accountability for results
- Adopting standard tools and processes
- Being receptive and approachable
- Business and financial acumen
- Collaborating across boundaries
- Communicating for understanding
- Leading improvement and innovation
- Managing effective relationships
- People development
- Problem-solving and decision making
Preferred Education / Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering, Construction Management or related field
- Extensive and proven project and implementation management experience of large, complex projects across Engineering, Procurement and Construction / Commissioning
- Experience managing global teams of 50+ people
- Proven experience of using Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP/SAP) and project management tools
- MS Project - Expert preferred, proficient required
- Certified Project Manager (PMI PMP or equivalent certification or education)
- Manufacturing of Engineer-to-Order (ETO) pumps, turbomachinery, or rotating equipment.
- Manufacturing of ETO valves, pressure vessels, or process filtration.
- Experience working on international projects is desirable
- Total Work Systems (TQM, Six Sigma, Lean, ISO)
- Engineering experience is an advantage
- Proficient in MS SharePoint