Huxley are currently partnering with a market leader within the FMCG sector who are looking for a senior engineer to join their stretched highly skilled engineering team in the greater Manchester area.
As the senior engineer you will Direct Engineering resource in accordance with Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) work, to ensure its completion while leading the engineering shift in a 'hands-on' capacity.
You will report on shift issues, ensuring successful information transfer to the oncoming shifts and Senior Engineer, provides a brief for assessment. In addition you will ensure that PPM schedules and works orders are completed within agreed time frames, ensuring breakdowns are closed out, with PPM pro-forma advising on parts required.
You will advise on CI Initiatives, giving payback details or improvement justifications and on completion of maintenance work, ensure that equipment is serviceable and runs as expected, in readiness for production. You will deputise for Engineering Team Leader as necessary, including attendance at engineering meetings.
The ideal candidate will have
- NVQ level 3/equivalent a minimum, ideally HNC or equivalent, and above. (essential)
- Working experience in food or consumer products industry, supported by a good track record of acquiring Engineering skills, continuous learning.
- Ability to accurately interpret schematic diagrams.
- PC literate (Experience of MS Word, Outlook and Excel Spreadsheets).
- Good team player, with the ability to highlight continuous improvement opportunities and work on your own initiative.
- Leadership skills.