Senior Java/JEE developer
Responsibilities & Deliverables:
• Design, develop and implement mission critical systems.
• Devise high-level technical architecture for the epics.
• Lead a small team with regards to line management.
Review design suggestions and ensure the delivered code fulfils the expected level of quality.
• Implementation and enhancement of existing Java J2EE application including web-front-end.
• Participate in the conception, design and implementation of modern Web-applications for financial
• Liaise with the business to capture and specify epics and break them down into user stories.
• Be an active team player in an agile development environment.
What will work well with our team?
• We take a pragmatic approach to our work in an environment that blends fun with professionalism.
• Good communication skills (English language skills) and easy going manner.
• Amenable character with a good attitude.
• Comfortable working under pressure to firm deadlines in an agile and lean way.
• Working with Scrum in a multiple scrum team environment.
• Passion to produce great quality software for our customers.
• Understanding of FinTech environment/software products.
Skills & Requirements
• Education to degree level in Computer Science or other technical related fields.
• The ideal candidate should typically have 7+ years' professional experience in software development, or equivalent capabilities, and some experience leading a team.
• Hands-on Enterprise level system development using Core Java (up to Java 8) and JEE (JBoss Wildfly/EAP 7, Tomcat) or similar app servers.
• Advanced experience of Maven, Spring, Hibernate/JPA, Junit, and Messaging Systems such as MQ, JMS.
• At least basic database knowledge of Oracle ( INGRES/Postgres a bonus) - SQL.
• Ability to analyse large amount of data to optimize existing or find new algorithms (data mining).
• Ability to manage optimization and false positive reduction by statistical learning or machine learning.
• Ideal to have specialist skills such as Artifactory/Jenkins administration, CD/CI, SOLR/Lucene
AngularJS frameworks and QA.
• Ideal to have experience with payment systems such as SIC/euroSIC, SECOM, SEPA, FED/CHIPS, SWIFT or banking/financial services domain experience.