Heriot Brown have been instructed to assist with the hiring of a Legal Counsel to support a rapidly growing business. You will be the primary commercial legal representative for their France and German business teams (although supported by a larger legal team in the United States). Your responsibilities will include drafting and negotiating client and vendor contracts, advising on GDPR compliance and other legal and regulatory requirements affecting the business. Maturity, strong commerciality and a self-starting work ethic are key to this role. Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Qualified Solicitor in England & Wales
- 4 years' PQE or higher
- At least 2 years of in-house experience (SaaS / technology company preferred).
- Strong commercial contracts (particularly SaaS / technology service agreements) and data
- protection (GDPR) knowledge.
- Fluent in English, French and working knowledge of German.
- Exceptional attention to detail and takes great care to ensure accuracy.
- Outstanding interpersonal, verbal and written skills. Really clear, succinct and commercial in how you communicate your advice to the business.
- Confident and collaborative communicator. Ability to guide and influence key stakeholders.
- Able to manage quick turnaround times and work collegially with sales, client services and other teams.
- Ability to prioritise and organise several projects, completing the same in a timely fashion.
- Comfortable interacting with colleagues from other group companies across multiple countries.
- Experience using Salesforce, Box, Slack, JIRA, Adobe EchoSign, and Confluence is a big plus.
- Analyse, draft and negotiate contracts with prospects, customers, and vendors, including master services agreements, confidentiality agreements, order forms, statements of work, RFPs etc.
- Advise on and draft data protection documentation (privacy / cookie policies, data sharing
- agreements etc.).
- Advise on standard corporate matters (board meetings, minutes, filings etc).
- Provide training to the business teams on contracts and compliance.
- Ensure the business is informed and compliant with any relevant existing or proposed legislation that may impact the operations of the business.
- Contribute to internal policy and process development.
- Assist with investigating and responding to enquiries from law enforcement agencies and
- Liaise with and manage external counsel, as required.
- Provide first-line legal advice on internal projects across a range of different topics (from property leases to insurance requirements for events).
Full-Time and Part-Time applications will both be considered for this vacancy.
Heriot Brown are an equal opportunities agency, all applications will be considered on the basis that the minimum requirements have been met.