Are you a qualified Actuary or CFA qualified specialist looking for your next career move? Core-Asset's client, a leading firm are looking for an Investment & Asset Liability Management (ALM) Consultant to join their team based in Scotland or London.
You will be instrumental in delivering projects and supporting proposition development in the investment & ALM space with a primary focus on strategic asset allocation, identifying and implementing new and innovative asset classes, Solvency II Matching Adjustment, and investment risk management and modelling.
The ideal candidate will be CERA or CFA qualified and have strong post qualified experience working in the pension/longevity/insurance field.Essential Skills/Experience:
- CERA or other comparable qualifications
- Strong experience of delivery of investment, ALM and/or investment risk projects for insurance companies
- Good understanding of the investment and hedging strategies employed by life insurance companies
- Good understanding of Solvency II regulations, including the matching adjustment
- Experience of Solvency II Internal Models - with a particular focus on credit risk modelling
- Experience of presenting to senior stakeholders and at industry conferences
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Experience with R or other comparable programming languages
- Deliver projects and support proposition development in the investment & ALM space, with a focus on areas such as strategic asset allocation, identifying and implementing new and innovative asset classes, Solvency II Matching Adjustment, helping firms embed responsible investment, and investment risk management and modelling
- Support the development and implementation of the strategic growth plans, as well as the day-to-day operations of the Business Unit
- Support delivery of income and profitability targets set for the investment & ALM proposition
- Play a role in marketing activity, including thought leadership material and presenting at both internal and external conferences
- A highly competitive salary
- Wider Benefits package
Job reference: 12884
To apply for this vacancy applicants must be eligible to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.
At Core-Asset, we're committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Our privacy statement explains when and why we collect personal information about people who engage with our services, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, and how we keep it secure. We may change this policy from time to time, so please check this policy occasionally to ensure that you're happy with any changes.
By engaging with us (either by applying for a job we're advertising, registering through our website, or getting in touch with our business) you're agreeing to be bound by this policy.
Core-Asset Consulting is committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates, clients and website users. For further information, please refer to our full Privacy Statement available on our website http://www.core-asset.co.uk/about-core-asset/privacy-statement
Core-Asset Consulting offers specialist recruitment services to asset management, accounting & finance, asset servicing, legal and the wider financial services sector in Scotland.