Technical Director/Associate Director - HighwaysNewark with agile workingFull Time, Permanent
RPS is currently seeking an experienced Technical Director or Associate Director of Highways to join our progressive business.
Leading our highways design team in the Newark office but with flexibility for agile working, this is an exceptional opportunity for an experienced engineer. This position is Integral to the Management Team and the most suitable candidate will have extensive experience in the production and approval of S278/S38 highway design packages and be considered a technical lead/expert in their field of work. As part of this client facing role, you will be expected to develop and maintain key client relationships, maximising opportunities for new/repeat business, promoting RPS internally and externally, and winning work for the team.
RPS is a leading global professional services firm with over 5000 consultants and service providers. Working in 125 countries across all six continents. We are proud of the quality tailored solutions we provide to our clients which generate high volumes of repeat business and we are confident we can provide unparalleled opportunities to showcase your talents and truly develop your career.Responsibilities
Including but not limited to:
Education, Experience and Qualifications:Preferred Qualifications:
- Day to day leadership of an experienced team of relevant discipline professionals on multiple projects
- Responsible for high level project review including team resourcing, project finance,fee proposals and appointment documentsRunning multiple projects
- Production of schematic/concept designs and design calculations within defined timescales
- Liaising with other construction professionals in the development of designs
- Directing Technicians in the production of AutoCAD and Civils 3D drawings
- Undertaking quality reviews of designs prior to issue
- Liaison with Statutory Bodies (e.g. Highways England or Local Authority);
- Analysis and design of earthworks
- Preparing correspondence, reports and specifications
- Preparing fee proposals
- Conducting activities and producing outputs in line with relevant legislation and industry standards
- Management of all team contracts, project finances, and variations
- Negotiating and facilitating agreement and execution of robust design appointments
- Working closely as required with support functions within RPS, such as HR, Finance, Marketing / Bid
- Leading by example to exhibit defined RPS behaviours and appropriate personal/professional conduct
- Effectively managing project staff resourcing and costs in line with project deadlines and contract obligations
- Managing and leading internal/external meetings and reviews
- Additional duties as required
Degree in Civil Engineering. Chartered Engineer, MICE or MCIHTEssential Skills:
- Experience in the production and approval of S278/S38 highway design packages
- Sound knowledge of relevant design standards and good experience of managing design production and formal approval
- Good written and verbal communication skills. Ability to work independently, and lead and supervise others
- Ability to win new work
What we offer you:
- Experience in use of Civils 3D and AutoCAD
- Experience of use of Microdrainage software.
- Experience in project commercial management.
We will provide you with a flexible, friendly and creative environment to develop your skills and challenge yourself. We support our people to innovate, collaborate and build meaningful careers. Our network of people and knowledge will expand your horizons and give you access to a variety of interesting projects.
Our employees are rewarded with competitive salaries, opportunities to invest and many other benefits including: Excellent holiday + bank holidays, Option to purchase up to 5 extra days per year, Company pension scheme, Share Incentive Scheme, Life Assurance, Cycle to Work Scheme, Health Screening, Employee Assistance Programme, Professional Memberships and commitment to on-going CPD.About RPS:
We define, design and manage projects that create shared value in a complex, urbanising and resource-scarce world.
Connecting with our global expertise we make it easy for our clients to create winning solutions for their communities and their clients. By being confidently pragmatic we solve problems that matter. We make complex easy.