A vacancy has arisen for a talented individual to join our Technology function in London as a Systems Administrator/Engineer. Reporting to the Global Systems Engineering Manager, this exciting role will be responsible for all aspects of IT system administration across Hogarth Worldwide. It includes innovation and greenfield IT systems design but is also a hands-on position involving the provisioning, installation, operation and maintenance of Global Hogarth servers in our existing and future estate. The ideal candidate should find the challenge of improving the management and disposition of existing infrastructure as rewarding as working on blue sky projects. Key Responsibilities: General/Admin:
- Carry out technical project work under direction of senior systems team staff.
- Document new internal IT process and procedures and maintain existing documentation
- Monitor and administer critical systems to ensure correct function
- Contribute to regular technical departmental planning meetings.
- Liaise with third party suppliers and vendors as required.
- Administer and maintain, VMWare vSphere estate
- Perform routine audits of systems and software
- Manage and resolve IT and Systems technical media production issues as they arise.
Continuous Improvement/Operational Excellence:
- Ensure efficient and reliable backup and archives are made and maintained across on prem and cloud.
- Ensure all systems are integrated into the global management, monitoring and performance testing systems
- Perform on-going performance tuning, hardware upgrades and resource optimisation as required
- Analyse problematic systems and identify causes and rectify issues (L2/L3 escalations).
- Implement security standards and best practices.
- Ensure regular software and hardware maintenance is performed with minimum downtime.
- Repair and recover hardware and software failures
Innovation & Strategic Planning:
- Deploy and configure new hardware and software services as required, both on prem and in cloud.
- Research and recommend innovations and automations for system engineering and administration tasks
- Key vendors - Software & Hardware Vendors, Cloud providers
- Key Hogarth site operations leads
- 2 + years MS Windows system administration.
- 1 + years Linux systems administration.
- 2 + year's experience with server virtualization or cloud infrastructure.
- Ubuntu or Centos admin experience.
- OS X server and client Administration.
- Familiarity with scripting language such as Bash, Python, or PowerShell
- Experience in administrating Windows domain and Active Directory.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability and desire to take ownership, seeing tasks and projects through to satisfaction and completion.
Desirable Technical Skills and Knowledge:
- This role will require occasional evening and weekend work, sometimes at short notice.
- Microsoft Server MCSE (2016 or later)
- Familiarity with declarative configuration tooling (Ansible, Chef, Salt, Puppet PowerShell DSC)
- Familiarity with Junos / Cisco Firewalls and Switches
- Object Storage Administration Experience (WD P100 or similar)