Since our launch back in 1982 we have taken the sports retail world by storm. With over 500 stores both at home here in the UK and in over 19 European countries as well as a full multi-channel retail website - we are still growing. At Frasers.Group we pride ourselves on progression and development of our staff and many of our staff at Head Office have joined us from other areas of the business and have been here for a number of years. In the current retail world that's quite unique and we invite you to be a part of it.
We are currently searching for a dot.net Developer
to join us in our retail IT department. You will work on retail IT solutions, improving out EPOS solution whilst developing in-store applications and kiosks for our retail team, and much more. We are a very data-oriented company therefore strong SQL and database programming skills are a must.Key Aspects of the Role:
Essential Skills / Experience:
- Demonstrate analytical and programming skills across a range of platforms.
- Ability to interpret requirements into working code.
- Continually improve skills, utilising provided training materials, and seek to expand business knowledge.
- Agile Development Process.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Develop, test and implement code to departmental standards.
- Work to plans / deadlines provided, escalating issues as appropriate.
- Produce just enough documentation and ensure proposed solutions are fit for purpose.
- Provide ad-hoc analysis and reports.
- Ensure that communication to the business is professional, clear and appropriate.
- Perform maintenance programming and correction of defects.
- Work closely with other systems teams to ensure successful technical solution delivery
Desired Skills / Experience:
- WebAPI and/or WCF
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012+ / T-SQL & Stored Procedures
- Windows Forms
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF)
- Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) / Git
- Oracle PL-SQL
- EPOS experience