Reporting to: Director of Compliance and Regulatory Affairs
We work hard to earn and maintain our customers' trust and it's our job to make sure that we support their fun and safe experience. Compliance and AML provide a critical role in allowing the business to embrace new ideas and innovation to further enhance the customer experience.
The AML team partners with the business to make decisions and deliver a service that protects and enhances the reputation of the company and managing risk in respect of financial crime, including money laundering (AML), terrorist funding (CTF) and bribery and corruption (ABC). Our work requires vigilance, understanding and empathy to protect our brand integrity.
The AML team is responsible for ensuring that the business has the requisite knowledge and understanding to ensure it complies with all relevant AML and CTF regulations. The department provides information, advice and assistance to the business to protect it from AML risk. Another key role of the department is to ensure the business has embedded AML controls across all areas.
Purpose of the role:
The AML aspect of the role involves managing the AML function globally communicating at all levels internally and externally, and liaising with AML regulators, law enforcement and other stakeholders wherever the business operates ensuring that statutory and regulatory requirements are met. The role involves being the company's "Nominated Officer" and appointment as the Money-Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO). In addition, the role has responsibility for managing the investigation of unusual and suspicious betting activity and reporting where appropriate.
The MLRO is responsible for the oversight of the functions and requires an excellent knowledge of money laundering/terrorist financing and the potential threats to a company and will require high attention to detail and strong communications skills. The role additionally includes responsibility for the company's anti-bribery and corruption policy, monitoring and reporting. The MLRO is also responsible for the Verifications (KYC) and Payments programme across Betway, including customer requirements, affiliates and third-party due diligence.
You will be responsible for:
The position will involve the following areas of responsibility:
• Direct responsibility of AML and MLRO functions
• Strategic planning for the team including financial management and planning of AML, CTF and B&C, Verifications and Payments functions, processes and technologies
• Represent the company at selected conferences and on projects involving external parties for AML (including presentations to the media, dignitaries, VIPs, financial regulators, law enforcement etc)
• Develop and direct the AML strategy, including managing and maintaining the AML and customer risk assessments
• Develop annual, quarterly and monthly objectives and key result indicators
• Planning for new legislation for the development of AML, CTF and B&C, Verifications and Payments policies, systems, practices and procedures
• Oversee the development and implementation of AML, CTF and B&C, Verifications and Payments training, ensuring all necessary staff receive appropriate training and guidance
• Develop and implement robust, effective and efficient audit procedures in respect of all AML related areas including electronic verification, CDD, payment monitoring and account creation
• Manage timely and accurate reporting for all aspects of the AML functions
• Develop customer risk monitoring tool, with clear reporting regarding high risk customers
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities. The job holder may be required to complete any other reasonable duties in order to achieve business objectives.
You will have:
• Minimum of 3 years of prior experience in gambling, payments or financial services industry
• Exceptional organisation and prioritisation skills with proven ability to create strategic plans
• A proven track record in stakeholder management and influencing skills
• Strong knowledge of regulatory frameworks and risk mitigation strategies
• Leadership qualities, including acting a role model and mentoring colleagues
• Exceptional attention to detail & accuracy, particularly in external communications
It would be a bonus if you also had:
• Professional qualifications such as the ICA Diploma in AML
• Project management and business process improvement experience
• Experience of the intelligence cycle or of investigating financial crime
• A second European language ideally Spanish, German or Italian
• Professional and can-do attitude
• Gravitas to present to and influence senior internal and external stakeholders
• Process driven
• Approachable manner
• Resilient and assertive