Pharmacist/ Pharmacy Coordinator
Health counter Ltd is a dynamic high growth online pharmacy supported by one of the largest independent pharmacy chains in Europe.
We are getting bigger by the year and looking for a highly motivated candidate who is up for a challenge and the opportunity to make an impact in a fast paced and innovative environment.
A unique chance to build a highly rewarding career within the UK pharmaceutical Industry, focusing on the supply chain from the Manufacturer down to the End Patient across various channels.
Purpose of Role
To be responsible for achieving the company's service level standards and targets in fulfilling orders.
You will have responsibility for overseeing all aspects of day to day coordination, scheduling, order control and output.
To motivate and give direction to a small team developing and maintaining quality-based services, whilst monitoring individual and team performance.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinating and planning the days accordingly in order to hit targets
- Ensure staff productivity is monitored
- Reporting to the Business Operations Manager and advising on problems/delays
- Troubleshooting potential problems and providing solutions in advance
- Reallocating tasks (and rescheduling) whenever needed to achieve targets
- Maintain stocks of materials and consumables and their appropriate storage as required
- Ensure team is monitored and trained to achieve stock accuracy
- Ensure staff members are trained as per job requirements and training records are maintained
- Control of work flow to meet customer targets
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organisation standards
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures
- Initiate, recommend, investigate, trouble-shoot and provide solutions and actions to prevent the occurrence of any non conformities relating to the products, process and quality system
- Maintaining GMP / Housekeeping at a high level within the department through the involvement of all team members
- Support training of team on process/ software changes
- Ensure service levels are met by managing staffing levels each day
- Responsible for coaching and mentoring direct
- Allocating work to and overseeing the work of the team
- To undertake operational duties as required to meet targets and/or cover for staff absence, filling gaps in resources in the pharmacy area
- Motivate and develop a cohesive team
- Manage and provide support to team members ensuring individual targets/objectives and Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) are achieved
- Managing and planning annual leave to ensure continuity of workload
- Responsible for the team discipline and attendance, and planning their working shift schedules
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Demonstrates the ability to audit data for entry accuracy and recognize inconsistencies with output
- Proven ability to work independently
- Demonstrates effective attention to detail and the development of alternative plans to ensure satisfactory service in accordance with contract terms
- Proven proficiency at checking prescriptions
- Demonstrates intermediate level proficiency in the use of computer-based systems, including but not limited to word processing, spreadsheet, email, and/or database applications.
- Required Skills
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Ability to maintain relationships with internal colleagues and external clients
Required Work Experience
- Experience working in a quality focused environment
- Experience in managing a small team
- Experience of working in a fast paced environment
Required QualificationsFully qualified Pharmacist- Essential
Excellent spoken and written English
Day Lewis is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to equality of opportunity and to the elimination of unlawful discrimination in employment.
If you are successfully invited to an interview, please let us know about any adjustments you may need to participate in our recruitment process.
The Day Lewis Group is an award-winning family business, consisting of one of the largest independent pharmacy chains in the UK and Europe. Owning and running over 270 pharmacies nationwide today, Day Lewis employs circa 2500 people. The business has advanced from being a traditional retail pharmacy business into a patient-centred service provider continuing to be on a journey of growth.