Our client is a rapidly growing company who invest in and operate a diversified portfolio of UK renewable energy assets.
They are currently seeking to hire a Grid Connection Manager to lead key aspects of the interconnection process for its rapidly growing portfolio of renewable energy projects.
This person will play an essential role in securing grid capacity, coordinating with iDNOs and DNOs, selecting and managing ICP partners, and building innovative and cost-effective interconnection assets for large-scale power generation facilities.
- Oversee consultants to assess suitability of grid for early-stage projects
- Lead Grid Offer negotiations with iDNOs/DNOs on pricing, milestones, payments, etc.
- Serve as company point of contact for all iDNO/DNO communications
- Manage ICP tender processes including establishing scope of work, reviewing responses and selecting contractors
- Provide technical support during the construction of interconnection assets
- Develop and maintain relationships with industry leading ICPs
- Identify and vet emerging technologies and techniques to optimise new builds
- Develop and manage cost estimation throughout the project development process
Qualifications and Experience
- 5+ years involvement in medium to large-scale (10-50 MW) interconnections of power generation projects
- ICP project development, design and construction
- Participation in and leading interconnection processes in the UK (e.g. National Grid, ENA)
- Electrical Engineering or similar university degree supplemented by industry experience
- Strong ties to key industry players, iDNOs and DNOs
- Knowledge of market-standard construction and equipment costs
- Renewable energy experience preferred but not required
Desired Skills and Characteristics
- Self-starter willing to work within a small and agile team
- High technical competence, specifically as a power engineer
- Well organised project manager with high attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to build relationships with external parties
- Willingness to eventually build and lead a team to support company growth
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Clean Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.
For full disclosure, please contact Tom Wolsey on 07577 594276, or send your CV.