As part of our new depot programme we are currently recruiting a generator fitter for our new depot in Leeds. This is a great opportunity to be part of a newly formed team. Our operating area extends throughout South, North, East and West Yorkshire as well as North Lincolnshire.
You will be responsible for safely maintaining, servicing, refurbishing and reparing generators and portable site accommodation.
Reporting to: Operations Manager
HEALTH & SAFETY
- Comply with all Health & Safety policies and procedures relating to the welfare of others and self at all times in the depot and on site.
- Adhering to the depot and site RAMS at all times.
- Complying with all Health & Safety policies and procedures relating to the welfare of others and self at all times in the depot and on site. Complying with depot and site RAMS.
- Complete PDI/Service Sheets in line with the quality standards manual.
- Ensuring the daily vehicle safety checks are completed, the vehicle is maintained and any defects are reporting immediately. including housekeeping.
- Maintenance of yard and workshops.
- Complete Workshop/Health & Safety Check Sheets in line with instructions from the Operations Manager.
- Providing a professional service when making deliveries, collections and working on customers sites.
- Repairs and maintenance of genrators from 6kva to 100kva
- Service and repair of generators, fault finding and diagnosis.
When attending sites ensure route planning is practicable, cost effective and meets customer expectations.
- Attend and participate meetings and training sessions that may be necessary in the performance of your duties.
- Comply with and uphold company policies and procedures.
- Undertake any additional tasks as may reasonably be required from time to time.
It is a requirement of Pickerings that all colleagues work in a flexible manner compatible with their job and in line with the objectives of the company.
Please note that the job description for this position may be reviewed and amended to incorporate the future needs of the business. Benefits include:
- Competitive Salary
- Holiday buy back scheme
- 25 days holiday per year plus statutory bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
Job Type: Full time