Green Cat Renewables Limited (GCR) provides consultancy support services for the onshore renewable energy industry - primarily wind, solar and hydro. The company was founded in 2005 and now comprises a multidisciplinary team of approximately 50 specialist consultants. The team is made up of specialist environmental consultants, project managers engineers and technical specialists, based in four offices across Scotland but with a workload throughout the UK. We provide services encompassing planning and feasibility, resource assessment, environmental assessment, access surveys, geotechnical assessment, project management, construction and installation, health & safety, and asset management for a wide range of renewable energy developments. The team also offer services to the wider industry, including support services for data centres, agricultural buildings and battery storage facilities.
The Technical and Environmental Services department requires a Planning/Environmental Consultant to join the team to assist in the delivery of a range of services, from initial development concept assessments and feasibility studies, through to Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) production and technical assessments for a range of renewable energy projects. The Role
Essential Skills and Experience
- Undertaking feasibility studies, show-stopper reviews and project viability assessments.
- Constraints mapping, initial site design and energy yield assessments, using a range of software packages such as GIS, WindFarm, Openwind and PVSyst.
- Preparation of formal consultation documents for local authorities and statutory consultees.
- Undertaking pre-application engagement with local authorities including screening and scoping exercises.
- Assistance in the production and co-ordination of EIA and planning application documentation, including drafting of technical and non-technical elements, landscape photography and figures.
- Providing support to members of the Technical and Environmental Services team as necessary.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Degree qualified in a relevant Planning, Environmental or Engineering discipline.
- Ideally, having an understanding and awareness of the key environmental and technical issues involved in the development of renewable energy projects, particularly onshore wind and solar.
- Knowledge of the UK planning system.
- Technically competent with strong problem solving, communication and technical report writing skills.
- Good computer literacy, high level of proficiency in MSOffice programmes.
- Willingness to undertake travel and occasional overnight stays.
- Valid Driving Licence for use within UK is essential.
- Interest in existing and emerging renewable energy technologies and systems.
- Proactive, adaptable mind-set with a willingness to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to use WindFarm, GIS software, AutoCAD, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop would be beneficial.
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills.
- Any previous experience in renewable energy, environmental or planning consultancy.
The role will be based in our Edinburgh Office located in the Bush Estate near Roslin. You would be joining a dynamic and collaborative team that provide a supportive environment with the flexibility to meet the department targets and progress individual career ambitions. GCR offer a competitive salary subject to the level and relevance of experience. GCR are an equal opportunities employer.
To apply please send a full CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.