IMG Arena are looking for an experienced Scala Developer to join our growing
sports data development team and fill a senior technical role. We are continuing
to build out a development group responsible for supporting our fast-growing
sports data business. The Senior Back-End Developer is a key member tasked with
further development of our platform to distribute low-latency, highly reliable,
sporting data to our substantial customer base.
This role offers the opportunity for a developer to act as a key technical pivot
within a motivated and energetic team and to be involved in solving a broad
range of challenges while supporting a rapidly expanding segment of IMG Arena's
Knowledge of and interest in a wide variety of sports is a huge advantage. Skills and Requirements:
- Several years of professional software development experience in Scala with a strong bias for quality and engineering excellence.
- Experience and enthusiasm to act as a technical leader and mentor, taking ownership of complex technical issues.
- Significant experience developing with multiple JVM technologies/ libraries (e.g. Akka, Hazelcast, etc).
- Strong experience with relational databases, ideally Postgres.
- Experience working with, and deploying to, cloud services (especially AWS)
- Knowledge of working with build pipelines and continuous deployment models
- Experience in building globally scalable software architecture.
- Great design and problem solving skills, with demonstrable experience in building simple implementations to complex problems and object oriented design.
- Knowledge and experience in developing web services that are robust and easily consumed.
- Sound API design skills and knowledge of HTTP principles.
- Desire to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment.
Endeavor is subject to certain governmental recordkeeping and reporting requirements. In order to comply with those requirements, we invite you to voluntarily self-identify your gender and race/ethnicity. Submission of this form is voluntary, and refusal to provide it will not affect your opportunity for employment, or terms or conditions of employment. The information you provide will be kept confidential and may only be used in accordance with applicable law. The form will be kept separate from your employment application, and from your personnel records, if you are hired.
Endeavor is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.