Here at The Candidate, we are partnered with a digital leader based in Manchester City Centre who are searching for a DevOps Engineer to join their highly talented team. With routes into businesses across the UK, this organisation is building a world-class product aimed at disrupting global markets. As the DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for building the infrastructure, automation and deployment to deliver a delivery environment which is scalable to meet growth.
Working alongside Development Managers and Architects to deliver a set of Standard Operational Procedures that can be implemented across the business, the DevOps Engineer will build on the application stacks to deliver a development environment that can be reused across multiple projects to assist in the successful project delivery. To be successful, it's essential that the DevOps Engineer is confident in the design and implementation of monitoring solutions for applications stacks in line with direction from the Security & Compliance team.
Currently, the business is working on a routine of 2 days per week in the office with 3 days per week remote. This schedule will be for the foreseeable but the business does plan to return to office work as the norm in the future.Key Responsibilities of the DevOps Engineer:
The Ideal Candidate:
- Work alongside development teams to diagnose issues throughout the application and development stack.
- Build upon development stack to delivery a ready environment which is scalable and adjustable to meet project requirements across the business.
- Developing standard application stacks.
- Identify emerging technologies for which will drive business performance with the flexibility to integrate such technologies into the technology stack.
Apply now or risk missing out on a great opportunity!
- Previous commercial experience within a DevOps environment as the DevOps Engineer.
- Understanding and experience in Platform/OS Engineering (Linux & Windows experience is ideal).
- Container experience using both Docker and Kubernetes.
- Excellent knowledge and skills in AWS Platform Engineering (particularly EC2, S3, IAM and network configuration).
- Able to work in a fast paced environment whilst collaborating with other teams.