IFRS 17 Project Accountant - (SAN614) Bristol FTC Background
Sanlam Limited is an international financial services group with a listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange and a market capitalisation of £9.64 billion. Established in 1918, the group provides a range of services to over 10 million clients globally, including insurance, financial planning, investments and wealth management.
The firm consists of a number of long-established businesses, including:
- Sanlam Private Wealth: The discretionary fund manager with £4.6 billion of client assets under management
- Sanlam Investments: The boutique asset management and fund business which manages over £5.4 billion in both single strategy and long only funds, specialist multi-asset solutions and captive fund solutions.
- Sanlam Investments & Pensions: The life and pensions business within excess of £3.2 billion of assets under administration
- Sanlam Wealth Planning: The national financial adviser with nearly £2 billion of client assets under advice and 60 UK-based advisers
- Sanlam Partnerships: The network for financial planners with membership of over 100 IFAs
In total, the firm has over c £14 billion of assets under management or influence. Sanlam UK attained its size, strength and reputation by leveraging the benefits of having a large secure South African parent company while focusing on individual client service delivered locally in the UK.
Based in our Bristol
office; we are currently looking for a Project Accountant to join our Finance team on an FTC basis. The role
Skills and experience
- Responsible for accounting technical input to the project, providing advice to the actuarial team on the accounting implications of the standard.
- Responsibility for building accounting processes to facilitate IFRS 17 requirements and providing input to the development of the new finance general ledger.
- Building strong relationship with Actuarial team and Group team in South Africa, and provide necessary Finance support to facilitate their requirements under the new standard
- Interpret and document IFRS 17 technical reporting requirements.
- Embed requirements in wider reporting process and adapt to ongoing change
- Provide technical support for wider team and help train and build technical IFRS 17 capacity throughout the team.
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA).
- Financial Services environment experience (insurance sector experience absolutely essential)
- Technical expert on IFRS 17
- Excellent Excel skills
- Strong technical accounting and financial skills
- The ability to work with a high degree of accuracy
- Proactive and able to take lead on projects
Sanlam is an equal opportunities employer and promotes aninclusiveworking environment where employees respect and value each other'sdiversity.