An award-winning financial services business has entrusted the team at Network professional to identify a Lead Financial Accountant for their offices based near Southampton. This newly created role will involve managing a small team of a practice trained accountants with a view to developing their technical knowledge while also facilitating their future career development. This newly created role forms a critical part of the succession planning for the wider finance and senior leadership team thus would suit highly ambitious candidates who wish to forge a progressive career with an international company.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Managing a team of 6 while ensuring they deliver accurate and insightful financial and management reporting.
- Managing all internal stakeholder relationships and acting as a conduit between technical finance and the wider business.
- Reviewing the team outputs for quality and accuracy across: Management accounts, bookkeeping, VAT and regulatory reporting.
- Playing a large role with regard to internal change projects and finance optimization.
- Training and developing junior staff
What you'll need to apply
- Be a qualified accountant (ACCA or ACA) and preferably come from a practice background. However, those coming from a financial services background will also be considered.
- Strong people management skills cultivated within external audit or business services / outsourcing.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- First rate MS excel skills and data interrogation ability
What you'll get in return
Market leading and holistic reward package that includes strong base of up to 60 k, bonus, flexi time, and 27 days holiday plus extremely progressive and attainable career development plan.
If you are looking for a career defining role where upon high challenges will be met with high rewards, then please apply immediately.
Contact Nick Lovell Managing Director on 07999 112546