Based M62 corridor (Greater Manchester, West Yorkshire)Job ref: CST/51621Salary/Benefits: Commensurate with experienceThe company:
Part of an international Group, our client is a long standing leader in polymers and has an excellent reputation for creating sustainable, innovative and eco-responsible solutions. The business is looking to appoint a HSE Manager who can take them from compliance to best practice - setting the benchmark for health and safety management within the industry. The position is a key member of the senior leadership team and requires an experienced HSE professional from a manufacturing background who can engage with all levels of the business. Your role will be to introduce fresh ideas and successfully implement them in order to improve the processes, systems and culture.Duties & Responsibilities include:
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Ensure legal compliance for health and safety in the workplace by conducting regular audits and inspections to make sure the highest standards are consistently maintained.
- Lead training with new and existing members of staff whilst identifying and assisting in any staff development opportunities.
- Use continuous improvement techniques to improve and sustain the health, safety & environmental performance and the associated management system.
- Ensure incident investigations are conducted in a timely manner, including root cause analysis and that appropriate corrective action is undertaken.
- Assist and support in the creation, implementation and review of Risk Assessments, safe working procedures and method statements.
- Delivery of the company Health and Safety strategy and initiatives for the site.
- Keeping the business up to date and informed of all relevant legislative changes and ensuring compliance at all times.
- Review all existing company Health & Safety documentation and update accordingly in line with our statutory obligations, including CDM Regulations
- Review of all RAMS and COSHH assessments and update where necessary
- Carry out investigations into all accidents and near-miss incidents and to ensure appropriate records are kept and analysed.
- Coordinate and lead all H&S Training.
- Assist Pre-Construction Team with Health & Safety Questionnaires.
- Demonstrable experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience managing a site within HSE
- NEBOSH Diploma (or equivalent) preferred
- Ability to influence at all levels of the organisation
- Proven experience in driving changes and improvements
- Positive, friendly, driven attitude, with an outgoing change agent mentality
Key words: SHE Manager, H&S Manager, EHS Manager, Health & Safety Manager, Plastics, Chemicals, Automotive, Construction, Packaging, Engineering, Aerospace, Mining, Oil & GasIf you are interested in being considered for this role, you are encouraged to apply at the earliest opportunity by forwarding your curriculum vitae and letter of application via email to email@example.com.The company has retained Listgrove to manage this project on their behalf and all third party applications will be forwarded for their attention. Fees will not be payable to recruitment consultancies that send speculative candidate applications.