HMRC is building a modern, digital tax administration and runs the biggest digital operation in Government, providing digital services for 45 million individuals and 4.9 million business customers. Our digital programme is multi-award winning and the envy of other government organisations.
This is an exciting time to join an organisation that probably doesn't work how you'd imagine a government organisation would. Our blog tells you a bit more about what we do and how we do it. here
We are undergoing a major transformation programme, which includes a major investment in digitisation. This means customers can do more for themselves online, in real time, on computers, tablets and smartphones therefore we are building a team of outstanding people who will create and run these new and improved technology services.
Our role sits within HMRC's Chief Digital & Information Group (CDIO) we're increasingly delivering in-house through our growing network of digital delivery centres - hi-tech, state-of-the-art facilities across the UK.
We have various delivery groups within CDIO and the one that this role is within is the Mobility and Workplace Services (MWPS) Assistive Technology Test Team is based in Telford.
You will be part of a team of Test Analysts, testing internal HMRC services and applications against WCAG 2.1 standard. This supports HMRCs dedication to ensure positive employee experience and maximum contribution for all our colleagues, and our obligation for accessibility compliance.
This is an exciting time to join our growing team as we strive for continuous improvement and as we progress towards our ambition to deliver a more efficient process by early engagement and self service. You will work closely with project and change colleagues and be part of highly motivated team of testers. This role provides an excellent opportunity for somebody to utilise their existing IT technical skills and knowledge around Accessibility and Assistive Technology.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
Duties include but are not limited to: -
• Support delivery teams to develop accessible services through consultation
• Conduct accessibility testing for all assigned projects in alignment with HMRC Test Policy and Strategy and to agreed standards and timelines
• Collaborate with stakeholders to define scope of testing and develop test plans
• Working with HMRC Assistive technology users to test hardware and software components
• Effective use of technical tools to evaluate products
• Identify and communicate issues discovered during testing to key individuals and teams
• Production of high quality test reports following agreed standards
• Collaborate with and provide support to test team colleagues
• Work closely with colleagues to articulate the importance and benefits of accessibility testing
• Identify and communicate areas for improvement relating to process, products and documentation
• Knowledge of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)
• Knowledge of the Equality Act 2010
• Experience of assistive technologies and knowledge of how they operate
• Experience of working in a test environment
• An understanding of different user needs including those who use assistive technologies or have access needs
• IT technical skills
• Good awareness of public sector accessibility regulations
• Experience of delivering to high quality within tight timescales
• Pragmatic and confident when dealing with a variety of audiences and stakeholders
• Aptitude for learning new technologies and ways of working
• Learning and development tailored to your role
• An environment with flexible working options
• A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
• A Civil Service pension