About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Communications and Performance Coordinator to join our Living Places business unit to work in Lincoln.
- The communications and performance co-ordinator will work closely with the network manager to deliver communications in accordance with the contract communications plan and support the development of performance reports and performance improvement plans.
- Pro-active approach to planned communications working closely with LCC communications team to deliver against our commitment to improve NHT scores through improved resident perception of the highway network
- Review performance against the 10 HTM Performance Indicators and 10 Alliance Key Performance Indicators and report monthly, quarterly and annually
- Lead the configuration and implementation of the Member Engagement App and ensure content is up to date for the Elected Members
- Work closely with the network manager to develop strategies and improvement plans to continuously improve communications and performance on the contract
- Explore both internal and external communication opportunities to promote the positive works undertaken by the Contract and BBLP
- Develop a strategy whereby, in the event of any negative communication or negative perceptions that could damage the reputation of the contract or BBLP, are mitigated as much as possible
What you'll be doing
As a Communications and Performance Coordinator, your main responsibilities are as follows:
- Responsible for ensuring accurate and up to date reporting of contract performance against Highway Performance Indicators and Alliance Key Performance Indicators
- Responsible for preparing monthly and quarterly performance reports and score cards for the quarterly performance meetings
- Apply a pragmatic and pro-active approach to performance management by working with the network manager to develop improvement plans and working across a wide range of teams to support continuous improvement
- Attend and contribute to all Network Management Meetings and Visual Management meetings where appropriate.
- Develop and drive our multi-channel communications strategy
- Prepare and manage all communications material
- Develop brand voice and maintain brand integrity across all platforms.
- Assist in the creation of digital, video, audio and print content.
- Track engagement across various platforms and make data-driven decisions
- Support Network Manager and Contract Director by collecting positive news stories across our schemes and the contract to share with the Balfour Beatty newsroom and with our customer Lincolnshire County Council
- Establish regular governance meetings with the LCC communications team to ensure we are pro-active at sharing before and after pictures and videos to improve perception of the highway service
- Liaise with our Alliance Partners to develop joint communication opportunities
- Lead on posting positive news stories and good quality pictures highlighting the service on LCC social media channels
- Lead the configuration and implementation of a Member Engagement App and manage the maintenance of the app to ensure all communications are shared through the app
- Deliver activities and commitments as per the communications plan
Who we're looking for
The following qualities and experience are essential
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency with communications technologies
- Experience in a role working with public relations
- Familiarity with social media platforms and social media marketing
- Experience of developing strategic internal communications and engagement plans
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills
- Organising and monitoring abilities
- Experience in contract and performance management
- Skills to develop proposals and improve the quality of the service
- Experience in managing performance through analysing data and trends
- Professional, personable and results focused
- Team player who knows how to build and sustain relationships
- Willingness to work across boundaries
- Proven ability to influence and promote a positive safety culture
The following qualities and experience are desirable:
- Experience in the use of Confirm to report on performance
- Experience delivering communications for a term maintenance contract
- Experience analysing data and developing accurate performance reports
- Experience using digital technology to develop communications
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.