A fantastic opportunity for a Junior Cyber Security Operations Engineer, working onsite at one of the worlds largest investment banks.
This position is for a proactive and experienced security support engineer with solid background with Linux platforms as well as application support, change/incident management and various security practice areas with emphasis on Vulnerability Management and Cyber Security Incident Management and Response Platform operations (SIEM). You should be able to quickly adapt to a fast-evolving environment and take full ownership of the services and platforms you are responsible for in the production environment.
- Manage applications and platforms including installation, troubleshooting and maintenance
- Leverage tools and resources available within the firm to simplify, automate, or eliminate inefficiencies
- Take an active role in planned technology events, i.e. business continuity tests, ensuring recovery procedures are accurate and complete
- Manage code-base and configuration via various version control systems
- Manage proactive ready-for-business checks, identify and fix gaps, and respond promptly to failures
- Monitor and respond to user-reported issues as well as infrastructure alerts promptly and professionally
- Conduct Root Cause Analysis (RCA), participate in postmortem analysis and manage the implementation of corrective and preventative measures
- Ensure efficient incident management, ensuring accurate communication to impacted groups and timely resolution
- Partner with stakeholders to drive stability, operational excellence, and a culture of efficiency
- Ensure team knowledge is current and forward-looking
- Liaise with external technology vendors to coordinate changes and work on support cases.
- Prepare, document procedures and changes including communications to end-users and other impacted parties
- Review, execute, and verify production changes in strict accordance with procedures defined in change documents.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field from an accredited university
- Experience in a technical support role
- Strong Linux Systems Administration experience
- Experience providing application support for mission-critical applications
- Able to troubleshoot, problem solve, analytical thinker.
- Strong scripting skills, Python, or UNIX shell.
- Knowledge of IP Networking, Subnetting, TCP/IP
- Excellent spoken and written English communication skills.
- Familiar with code-base and configuration version control systems (Git, Stash, SVN)
- Experience with Vulnerability Management platform administration (Qualys or Tenable preferred)
- Knowledge of common configuration management and continuous integration tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible and Jenkins
- Experience with regex and various parsing methods
- Experience with any security workflow or case management tools such as RSA Archer
- Experience with databases (DB2, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, ElasticSearch etc).
- Security Certifications: CISSP, SANS (GCIA or similar)