ISO, a Verisk business, has been a leading source of information about property/casualty insurance risk since 1971. For a broad spectrum of commercial and personal lines of insurance, ISO provides statistical, actuarial, underwriting, and claims information and analytics; compliance and fraud identification tools; policy language; information about specific locations; and technical services. ISO serves insurers, reinsurers, agents and brokers, insurance regulators, risk managers, and other participants in the property/casualty insurance marketplace. To learn more about ISO please visit us at: www.verisk.com/iso. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It's the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It's why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It's the aim of our "returnship" program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it's what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers' problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We've been recognized byForbesas a World's Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce.Job DescriptionAbout the Role
Verisk is looking for a Test Engineer to be the lead when it comes to designing test scenarios, running these tests and preparing an output of defects that can be used by software developers to resolve issues and ensure quality software is created.
The QA Engineer will be au-fait with test strategies and be up to date with industry trends to ensure that Verisk is using the correct techniques and tools for testing.
The Test Engineer should be experienced in manual testing and be confident in guiding the test strategy for the team.
The role will require the Test Engineer to work both alone and as part of a team to generate the testing requirements, translate these to a test plan and perform the tests whether manual, or automated and be able to explain these to various levels within the business.Requirements
- Be skilled & knowledgeable in testing methodologies and current industry best practices
- Be proficient in testing web and mobile applications (.NET, iOS, Android)
- Be comfortable working with customers internal and external to build test requirements
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of current industry best practices and new technologies
- Maintain a complete technical and user focused understanding of all ENI products and services
- Understand and be able to prioritise work stacks and projects from multiple clients and stakeholders
- Be able to work individually and as a team with clear and concise communications via email, phone and in person
- Have a sufficient understanding of information security and quality procedures to work to an acceptable level on a daily basis
- Design and develop test requirements and plans
- Liaise with clients and internal stakeholders to understand key requirements and problems and turn these into efficient tests
- Support the development team through the delivery of feedback for system improvement
- Perform tests on web and mobile applications within the agile process
- Miscellaneous project work as required
- To ensure the successful delivery of all tasks and project work assigned to them
- To be proactive in seeking solutions for inevitable business problems that may occur from time to time
- To actively participate in all meetings as and when required to do so
- To lead or participate in tele-conferences as and when required
- Completes all responsibilities as outlined on annual Performance Plan
- Completes all special projects and other duties as assigned
- Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Consumer Privacy Notice