Vacancy: Software Developer
Salary: £35,000 - £44,000 depending on experience
Location: Scotland or London
Application deadline: 23rd September 2020 (interviews may commence earlier)
Term: 4 or 5 days per week (negotiable), initially for a 10 month contract with a view to
Rapiere Software Ltd are a software (web application) provider enabling rapid intelligent
analysis of Lifecycle Carbon, Energy and Cost for architectural projects, as well as providing
information on the circular economy of the design.
Our ECCOlab tool allows rapid analysis of the building for the life of the project by simulating
lifecycle energy, cost, and carbon as well as life cycle waste, responsible sourcing and health
and wellbeing impacts. It achieves this by bringing the model into a single web environment
where cloud simulations of the project take place. The model is attributed with materials
from the material database allowing detailed information / data to be rapidly added to the
BIM model even at concept stage. This allows intelligent decisions to be made at the most
beneficial point, at the concept design stage of the project.
As a full stack software developer, you will have a delivery and coordination role to
strengthen our team:
- Ensuring the delivery of product features into product releases at the required level
- of quality.
- Pro-actively participating in the full development lifecycle.
- Leveraging expertise to ensure quality of product throughout all stages of the
- development lifecycle.
We are looking for enthusiastic candidates with at least 3 years of experience in software
development to join our team and support our continuous development. The post is for an
initial 10 month period to support elements of an Innovate UK project and as the product
embeds itself in the marketplace the prospects of further opportunities will emerge.
We are looking for someone with:
- At least 3 years relevant experience in full lifecycle application development.
- A degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a relevant subject, or additional years of work experience.
- Good communication and collaboration skills as a core member of a team within a commercial environment with an international scope and teams in London and Scotland.
- Passion for web technologies and a desire to remain up to date with the latest technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, be self-motivated to problem solve, debug, and bring tasks to completion.
Ideally you will also have experience with:
- Front end graphical user interface design.
- Machine learning algorithms and AI.
- Working in a commercial environment working on large scale software projects.
- Object-oriented Design and Analysis (OOA and OOD).
- Software modelling and simulation.
- Software testing and quality assurance.
Openness, Kindness, Fearlessness, and Adaptability are the values we believe make us the
organisation we are. We're looking for someone who will help us shape this culture in our
technology team as it evolves.
Rapiere Software Ltd are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. We
welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds.
To apply for this position please take a good look at our website - https://www.rapiere.net/
to see if you like what we do - then email your CV and a max 1 page covering letter outlining
why you would be a good fit for the position, to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23rd September
2020. Please put "Software Developer" in the email subject. We may commence interviews
before the deadline date so early applications are encouraged.
Rapiere Software Limited. Company Registration No: 08722450.
Registered Office: 5 Wellington Street, Cambridge, Cambridge, CB1 1HZ, United Kingdom.
VAT number: 194435388