Hands on practical experience working with the Network Functions Virtualisation (NFV) of the 3GPP 3/4/5G mobile network core. This will involve the migration of the existing physical network functions in the mobile network over to a virtualised environment, plus the introduction of new nodes and applications into the network to support new 5G services, etc.
This will require the following skills:
- Deep understanding and practical experience of the 3GPP mobile network core, including physical and virtual nodes such as the MME-SGSN, SAEGW, HSS, etc. Ideally from Ericsson
- Deep understanding and practical experience of NFV ecosystem for mobile networks including the following:
- The local NFV infrastructure Telco Cloud topology, including leaf/spine switching, EPA, SR-IOV, DPDK and knowledge of COTS data centre servers
- Hypervisor Software - ESXi and KVM
- OpenStack Control Plane - This could include Canonical, Mirantis and Red Hat based distributions, or other derivatives such as Cisco VIM, Ericsson CEE. Ideally Canonical Foundation Cloud experience, with knowledge of JuJu based Charmed OpenStack
- Software Defined Networking - OpenStack Neutron, OVS, Tungsten Fabric, Juniper Contrail, etc.
- Containers & Container Orchestration - LXC and Docker, Kubernetes and Swarm, deployed on OpenStack or bare metal. Ideally Ericsson CCD, but Canonical Charmed K8's, Mirantis KaaS or good experience with native K8 CAAS environments
- VNF & CNF onboarding - Deployment of virtualised and containerised network functions onto OpenStack and bare metal environments. Ranging from simple and highly complex telco-based applications/systems
- Orchestration templates and blueprints - The development of YAML, JSON, XML, TOSCA, etc. scripts to support V/CNF onboarding, including OpenStack Heat templates
- OpenStack and K8 opensource management tools - Grafana, Prometheus, Jenkins, etc.
- ETSI MANO - Cloudify, OSM, Cisco NSO/ESC, Ericsson Cloud Manager