Are you a creative problem solver who can both give and receive feedback? Do you enjoy working with inclusion, collaboration and openness?
At Anaplan, we are looking for self-motivated Software Engineers to join our growing Cloud Engineering team in York. This is an opportunity for you to work for a high-growth company that is leading the way in enterprise planning. We look for exceptional Engineers of all levels - really smart, passionate people who believe in simplicity, agility and performance and can choose and use the best tools for the job.
Anaplan are a remote workforce currently due to COVID-19
and will be till January at the earliest.
In the role of Senior Software Engineer in the Cloud Engineering Group you will be working on the foundations of our platform, both current and future, with scale and performance at the forefront of everything you do.What Will You Work On?
What Will You Do?
- Design and build highly scalable and resilient systems using Kubernetes and the Operator pattern.
- Hybrid cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, RKE)
- ACID databases (MySQL, Percona)
- Messaging systems (RabbitMQ, Kafka)
- NewSQL databases such as (FaunaDB, CockroachDB)
- Automation and configuration management tools (Terraform Enterprise, Chef)
On any given day as a Senior Software Engineer you may find yourself:
What is Anaplan Like?
- Working with our stakeholders to translate product goals into prioritised platform requirements.
- Pairing with your colleagues to build everything from rapid prototypes to highly testable and tested platform capabilities.
- Building robust interfaces that enable the success of other engineering teams and the wider business
- Working on the tools and services that turn hard problems into turnkey solutions
- Take responsibility for communicating your decisions, successes and failures.
- Coaching and collaborating with other platform and product engineers to share experience and deliver value.
- Share your positive energy and enthusiasm - cultural fit is a really big deal for us.
Anaplan is driving a new age of Connected Planning. Large and fast-growing organisations use Anaplan's cloud platform in every business function to make better-informed plans and decisions and drive faster, more effective planning processes.
Our current platform already holds terabytes of customer information, in-memory, in the cloud and datacentre, to enable rapid analysis across a wide range of variables and scenarios. The entire company is excited to take that up several orders of magnitude.
We have a long list of incredible benefits and offer highly competitive packages - we're serious about attracting the best technologists in the industry. We'll also offer you a rewarding career with a company that values diversity and invests in you.What We Offer
- A rewarding, progressive career with a company that values diversity, flexibility and understands the need for a good work/life balance
- Market-leading salaries combined with generous bonuses, equity and a range of comprehensive benefits
- A range of health and wellbeing initiatives
- 3 days of additional paid leave every year to support the charity or cause of your choice
- Huge problems to solve - you will constantly be learning and pushing boundaries, working with some of the smartest people around!
We're building a truly unique technology. From our calculation engine and in-memory data store, to apps and predictive analytics; amazing technology is being developed every day.
We're addressing a $100B/year problem that all global businesses face. Our mission is to break the traditional business planning mould, currently performed through spreadsheets or legacy systems. Anaplan's Connected Planning platform is enabling customers to improve decision-making by turning response time into real time.
With 1200+ customers and 175+ partners globally, Anaplan's platform is solving some of the most complex challenges in business. CEOs, analysts, and the press agree - Anaplan is changing the way the world does business.