Primary Researcher, Intelligence & InsightUK -- Ealing, London About You
Are you a highly motivated professional looking to leverage your experience into a more valuable career? Are you dynamic and enthusiastic with a positive attitude and a strong interest in the pharmaceutical industry? Do you have experience conducting primary research, and the ability and motivation to learn quickly? Prescient is looking for an experienced Primary Researcher
to be based in our Ealing, London office. Can you:
- Put interview respondents at ease and create a "climate of trust"?
- Think outside the box and use creativity to obtain intelligence after the obvious routes have failed?
- React and adjust to unexpected responses and situations?
- Keep calm under pressure?
- Adhere to a strict code of ethics?
If so, consider turning your expertise into a valuable career at Prescient.About Prescient Intelligence & Insight
Prescient Intelligence & Insight, a Prescient Healthcare Group business, is a best-in-class biopharmaceutical intelligence agency providing impactful insight and decision support to product and portfolio teams from early clinical development through to loss of exclusivity.About the Opportunity
As a Primary Researcher, you will be part of a fast-growing PE-backed business that allows high-performing employees to make an impact. You will be responsible for using human-source evidence gathering to collect market, competitor and stakeholder evidence through desk-based interviewing to support the development and commercialisation of biopharma portfolios, assets and brands and allow clients to make confident decisions.
In addition, your role may also require:
- Secondary Data Analytics: Sourcing, analysing and reporting public domain information, be it scientific, clinical, commercial, corporate or market
- Analysis and Reporting: Working with other members of the project team to analyse findings, develop conclusions and recommendations and create client presentations that deliver a linear evidence-based story on the topics in focus
- Conference Coverage: Attending key conferences with the objective of speaking to a wide range of delegates on predetermined topics and attending key symposia, presentations, posters and booths
Required Experience and Skills
- Fluency in English to the level of conducting research and performing interviews with clarity and full comprehension
- At least one to two years' professional experience (including in internships or freelance assignments) in carrying out primary elicitation, ideally working as a part of a business intelligence team in the pharmaceutical and biotech domain or within a pharmaceutical consulting environment
- The motivation and resilience to make a high volume of outbound calls daily as well as experience working successfully to deadlines
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications, especially PowerPoint and Excel
Desired Experience and Skills
What We Offer
- Fluency in additional languages beyond English
- A background in sales (including cold-calling) and/or journalism
- Prior exposure to pharmaceutical/biotech organisations, academia or consultancy/market research
- A degree in the life sciences
About Prescient Healthcare Group
- Competitive package and remuneration linked to performance
- Opportunity to support pharmaceutical and biotech client accounts through tough business problems related to their portfolios, assets and brand strategies
- High-growth, entrepreneurial environment where you can create significant client and business value and forge your own path
- Onboarding training and ongoing mentoring
- Flexible working conditions once probation period is completed
At Prescient, science is at the core of everything we do. We are a biopharma product and portfolio strategy partner that specialises in turning the science of molecules into optimal patient outcomes and client value. Across therapeutic areas, we help develop winning strategies. When companies partner with us, a molecule in their hands has greater potential for success than the same science in the hands of their competitors.
Founded in 2007, Prescient is a partner with global reach and recognised capabilities, with six offices across three continents. Our team of more than 150 experts works with 22 of the top 25 biopharmaceutical companies, the fastest-growing mid-caps and cutting-edge emerging biotechs, including some of the biggest and most innovative brands. More than 80% of our employees hold advanced degrees, and our teams deliver an impressive depth of therapeutic, clinical and commercial expertise, a wealth of relevant experience and knowledge of best practices and common pitfalls.
Prescient has been a portfolio company of Baird Capital since 2017. For more information, please visit: www.prescienthg.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and fully comply with applicable legislation in all of the geographies in which we operate. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other category protected by applicable national, federal, state or local laws.