Tradebe is an international leader in waste reclamation and recycling solutions. Managing more than two million tons of waste annually and recycling 60% of that waste. On the back of some long term contract wins our Healthcare division is growing at quite a rate, including recently opening two brand new sites!!! We strive to deliver a great customer experience and create the best possible solutions to the problems our customers face when considering how to manage their waste, reduce their environmental impact and improve their green credentials. It's this passion that's seen our business go from strength-to-strength.
Who we are looking for?
An experienced and dynamic Head of Operations with a strong background in manufacturing and highly regulated industries (incineration experience a benefit) to join a business division that is going from strength to strength. You will be a self-starter, highly motivated to drive business growth and change, with exceptional leadership skills to motivate and drive performance across the sites. The division has a real enthusiasm to continue its growth strategy, which will match your own drive and commitment to support the business to achieve its goals.
This is a truly national role and will require travel to approx. 5 locations which, due to the geographical locations, would suit someone based in the North West. Working closely with the Site Managers, whom report into this position, you will ensure that operations are managed safely and efficiently whilst delivering a superior service to all customers. There will be a clear focus on continuous improvement across all functions and will involve working with our commercial team to drive profitable growth both with existing customers but also recognise the importance sites play in attracting new customers. You will have full P & L overview and responsibility to ensure all facilities are managed in accordance with their budgeted operational costs.
What we offer:
A competitive salary, car allowance, 20% annual bonus, pension and 25 days holiday. You will also be joining a division that is well supported by the wider group, has long-term contracts in place and a supportive management team.
What you will do
- Ensure full compliance with all SHEQ procedures and permits.
- Provide clear leadership and support to all direct reports.
- Establish a culture that supports a zero non-compliance approach on H&S and environmental issues.
- Propose, instigate and develop improvements to the plants, processes, people and vehicles to exceed KPI's.
- Analyse periods of downtime and reduced throughputs to identify the root cause of issues to prevent future occurrences.
- Build on a comprehensive system for management of change.
- Maximise the revenue and cost control on site.
- Formulate annual budgets.
- Proactively recommend and implement operating procedures that minimise cost and promote efficiency.
- Meet with key customers to ensure they are receiving a high quality service.
- Set and manage performance targets with direct reports.
What we need from you
- Demonstrable experience in waste and recycling operations at a senior level
- Project management experience
- Multi-site management
- Exceptional leadership skills, with the ability to lead remote site teams to drive improved site and divisional performance
- A solid Engineering background - incineration experience would be a distinct advantage.
- COTC would be advantageous
- Mechanical or electrical engineering qualification would be highly desirable