An IT Network Engineer is required by a leading international technology company in Southampton.
The company prides itself on its culture of respect, honesty and integrity to its customers and employees. They require someone who will be competent in delivering technical expertise in planning, designing and implementing IT infrastructure and network solutions across the organisation.
The technical aspects are of key importance to this role as you will be dealing with technical data centres. Therefore, Cisco Nexus, ACI or Cisco ASA experience is required. You will also need to have good organisation or project management skills due to heavy involvement with infrastructure projects.
Due to Covid-19, there will be the option to work remotely from home.Responsibilities:
- Design, configure, deploy, and maintain Cisco networking devices to enhance performance and ensure systems are secure
- Identify opportunities to optimise ROI, efficiency and reliability
- Provide strategic direction of infrastructure technologies
- Manage infrastructure projects
- Ensure projects are aligned with business priorities and are within time and budget constraints
- Collaborate with Stakeholders to design IT solutions
- Provide financial input on budgets
- Provide daily support and maintenance to infrastructure solutions
- Create and maintain documentation
- Provide on-call support (this is 1 week in 8 on a rota basis where required support is very minimal)
- Competent in analysing, designing and configuring IT applications, LAN/WAN networks, server systems, and security
- Demonstrable experience in successfully implementing technology solutions
- Capable of solving technical problems
- Broad understanding and experience of some or all of the following technologies:
- Cisco Nexus, ACI
- Cisco ASA
- Cisco Wireless
- Cisco DMVPN, MPLS
- Cisco ISE
- Familiarity with project management methodologies such as Agile or Prince2 with experience in project delivery is desirable
- Industry recognised certifications/qualifications are preferable but equivalent experience will also be considered
Salary is between £40,000 - £50,000 p.a. depending on your level of skills and experience.
Benefits include pension scheme, dental and optical plan, share purchase scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance, income protection, critical illness cover, employee support programme, subsidised gym membership, free parking, and much more.How to Apply:
Please submit your CV for the IT Network Engineer role. For further information, contact Michelle Turner on the IT recruitment team at Bond Williams in Bournemouth - Keywords:
Infrastructure Engineer, Network Engineer, Network Analyst, Infrastructure Analyst, 3rd Line IT Support Engineer, 3rd Line Technician, Technical Engineer, Technical Consultant, Infrastructure Consultant, IT Engineer, Infrastructure Manager, IT Manager
Bond Williams Professional Recruitment are an equal opportunity employer and operate as an Employment Business and Recruitment Agency
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90733344