About Tata Consultancy Services:
Tata Consultancy Services is an IT services, consulting and business solutions organization that has been partnering with many of the world's largest businesses in their transformation journeys for the last fifty years. TCS offers a consulting-led, Cognitive powered, integrated portfolio of IT, Business & Technology Services, and engineering. This is delivered through its unique Location Independent Agile delivery model, recognized as a benchmark of excellence in software development. TCS has over 400,000 of the world's best trained consultants in 46 countries. For more information, visit us at www.tcs.com
Job Title: Network Administrator - L1 level
- Network support from on-site, 24X5 shift support
- Provide support on day to day network incidents and issues.
- Monitor the network and work with Network tools team for addition/deletion of the devices.
- Support day to day incident, changes, problem and configurations in network infrastructure.
- Manage and maintain the On-site spares availability for network infrastructure.
- Coordinates with Network Delivery team for ongoing projects and provides support from Operations.
- Maintain the Network CMDB and other documents up to date.
- Support day to day cable patching requests and update the cable management system.
- Vendor Coordination with Telecoms, Service providers & OEMs in the event of any faults or hardware issues
- Ensure all related process documents are up to date.
Candidate must be CCNA certified. CCNP preferred.
• Excellent in Cisco Routing and Switching environment LAN & WAN
• Troubleshooting skills for Cisco Environment in quick time (Nexus 5k and 7k series, Cisco Enterprise routers 3900, 3800 & LAN switches 6500/4500, 3700, 3500, 2900 series) and CAT OS
• Knowledge of Wireless technology autonomous and lightweight.
• Knowledge of DNS/DHCP/HPOV NNMi, Prime Infrastructure
• Excellent Knowledge of network sniffer for capturing logs (Wireshark/ Ethereal/ Solar-wind or any other equivalent)
• Experienced in coordination with Telecoms/Service provider/Vendor coordination
• Knowledge of cabling and various modules (Ethernet and Fiber)
• Excellent Communication skill
Additional remarks : This requirement is at client location to manage a customer plant network. This also require shift rotation and weekend working. If requirement, the candidate may be moved to different client location to cover shifts in case of unplanned leave coverage for other sites.
Location: Wolverhampton, Halewood and Solihul
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90754539