Trilogic Recruitment are acting as an agency regarding this role.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Front End Web Designer to join a fast paced design & development agency.
Our client is a company that operates under several different brands to provide products and services to businesses nationally. They predominantly sell e-commerce websites to hospitality however as a whole, the business also offers it's products and services to SMEs from any industry. Their products include graphic design, web development, web design, digital marketing, printing, point of sale equipment, telecoms and more.
They are looking to keep up with the demand for their web services by hiring a passionate and enthusiastic Web Developer to increase their throughput of websites and help keep the company at the forefront of the industry. About The Role
The candidate will work closely alongside 3 web designers and a line manager to continuously design and build a range of websites using popular platforms and bespoke in-house systems.
This will be a varied role involving Front End design work, consisting of building websites (with platforms such as Joomla, WordPress, PrestaShop etc), skinning websites using a plethora of CSS/JS frameworks and anything in between!
Using your knowledge of HTML/CSS/JS you would also be exposed to building hybrid desktop/mobile apps using Cordova/Electron etc. We would welcome any other platform which the candidate may specialise in.
They are a small company and as such you would be expected to assist in, and be a part of other tasks/activities that may not be directly relevant to your role. Main Responsibilities
- Liaising with clients to assess their requirements, and conveying your own recommendations.
- Designing and building websites.
- Developing your website designs using our in-house CMS with HTML, CSS, JS & jQuery.
- Contributing to discussions for new projects.
- Making amendments to existing websites.
- Bug fixing and troubleshooting.
- Working on our flagship product's codebase to add new features.
- Researching and exploring new technologies that we can adopt to strengthen our products.
The Successful Candidate
We are looking for a dedicated, creative individual with excellent attention to detail who can deliver work accurately. They would be able to deliver work to deadlines, and to a high standard whilst remaining calm under pressure.
We would expect a fantastic work ethic and respect for your fellow team members.
The candidate would bring in new ideas and enjoy keeping up to date with current technology/trends; they would embrace anything new thrown at them and seize the opportunity to master it. We are constantly trying out new technologies and always try to improve upon the products and infrastructure we have.
Creativity is a must and we are looking for someone with their own unique style who has a passion for web design and takes pride in their work produced.
They would have at least 10 GCSE's or equivalent, with A - C grades in Maths and English. The candidate would ideally have a degree in a computer based subject or suitable vocational experience.
Requirements Required Skills & Attributes
- A keen eye for visuals and design.
- Experience using Joomla, WordPress or other popular CMS.
- Sound understanding of jQuery, jQuery UI.
- Experience in responsive website development.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Proficient in using Adobe Photoshop/Fireworks/Illustrator or similar graphic design software for mockups/wireframes.
- Experience using Front End frameworks such as Bootstrap, UiKit, Kendo or similar.
- Keep up to date with new technologies.
- Good communications skills and the ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Confident liaising directly with the client.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
These are skills which may help your application, although are not required.
- Knowledge of the networking involved with web design including DNS, IP, HTTP/HTTPS.
- SPA/AMP/PWA Apps.
- Application wrappers such as Electron, Cordova, PhoneGap, NW.js.
- HTML5 Animation via SVG.
- Knowledge of server management or cloud computing (i.e. AWS, DigitalOcean etc).
- SEO knowledge.
Benefits As standard:
After 3 months:
- 31 paid holiday days (inc. Bank Holidays), increasing with time.
- Birthday day off.
- Paid volunteering days.
- All expenses paid Christmas party.
- Free soft drinks, coffee, tea and fruit.
- Birthday gift allowance.
- Perkbox Platinum membership.
- Free servers for your projects.
- Pension plan for eligible candidates.
- Loyalty rewards.
- Target based rewards.
- Schemes such as childcare, eye care, cycle to work, gym discounts
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90753201